An Elastic Compute Service (ECS) application must be deployed to ECS instances in an ECS cluster. To deploy an application to an ECS cluster in Enterprise Distributed Application Service (EDAS), you must first create ECS instances.
- If you purchased an ECS instance for the first time after 17:00 (UTC+8) on June 14, 2017, you can no longer select the classic network type. You can select only the Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) type. You can continue to use ECS instances of the classic network type that were created before this time point.
- To create an ECS instance in a VPC, you must select a specific VPC. After the ECS instance is created, you cannot transfer the ECS instance from the selected VPC to another VPC. Make sure that you select the correct VPC when you create an ECS instance. If you do not have a VPC, create one first. For more information, see Create an IPv4 VPC.
- Log on to the EDAS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- On the ECS page, select the region in which you want to create an ECS instance in the top navigation bar. In the upper part of the page, select a microservice namespace from the Microservice Namespace drop-down list. The microservice namespace is optional. Then, click Create Instance in the upper-right corner of the page.
- Purchase an ECS instance on the ECS buy page. For more information, see Create an instance by using the wizard. Notice To use or manage an ECS instance in the EDAS console, you must install EDAS Agent on the ECS instance. EDAS Agent is automatically installed if you select the EDAS base image when you purchase an ECS instance. To select the EDAS base image, perform the following steps:
It takes about 1 to 5 minutes to create an instance. Wait until the instance is created.
- In the Image section, select Marketplace Image and click Select from Alibaba Cloud Marketplace (including operating system).
- In the Image Marketplace dialog box, click Search Image, enter EDAS in the search box, and then click Search.
- In the search result, select a version for the EDAS International image and click Use. The latest version is selected by default.