If you do not have any ECS instances, follow the instructions in this topic to create an ECS instance.
- If you purchased an ECS instance for the first time after 17:00 (UTC+8), June 14, 2017, you can no longer select the classic network type. You can only select Virtual Private Cloud (VPC). You can continue to use ECS instances of the classic network type created before this time point.
- To create an ECS instance in a VPC, you must select a specific VPC. The ECS instance created in the selected VPC cannot be transferred to another VPC. Make sure you select the correct VPC before creating an ECS instance. If you do not have a VPC, create a VPC first.
- Log on to the EDAS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- On the ECS page, select a region and a namespace (optional) for the ECS instance to be created. Then, click Create Instance in the upper-right corner.
- On the ECS purchase page, select the type and configuration of the ECS instance as
needed and make payment by following the instructions in Create an ECS instance.
Notice To use or manage an ECS instance in the EDAS console, you must install EDAS Agent on the ECS instance. EDAS Agent is automatically installed if you select the EDAS base image when buying an ECS instance.
- In the Image Type section, select Marketplace Image, and click Select from image market (including operating system).
- In the Image Marketplace dialog box, enter EDAS and click Search.
- In the search results, select EDAS Java Environment (Common ECS) and a version (the latest version is selected by default), and click Use.