In the Elastic Compute Service (ECS) environment, applications must be deployed to ECS instances. To deploy an application to the ECS environment (an ECS cluster) in Enterprise Distributed Application Service (EDAS), you must first create an ECS instance.
- If you purchased an ECS instance for the first time after 17:00 (UTC+8) on June 14, 2017, you can no longer select the classic network type. You can select only the virtual private cloud (VPC) type. You can continue to use ECS instances of the classic network type created before this time point.
- To create an ECS instance in a VPC, you must select a specific VPC. The ECS instance created in the selected VPC cannot be transferred to another VPC. Make sure that you select the correct VPC before you create an ECS instance. If you do not have a VPC, create one first. For more information, see Create an IPv4 VPC network.
- Log on to the EDAS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- On the ECS page, select the region where you want to create an ECS instance in the top navigation bar. From the Namespace drop-down list in the upper part of the ECS page, select a namespace. This step is optional. Then, click Create Instance in the upper-right corner of the ECS page.
- Purchase the required ECS instance on the ECS buy page. For more information, see Create an instance by using the wizard.
Notice To use or manage an ECS instance in the EDAS console, you must install EDAS Agent on the ECS instance. EDAS Agent is automatically installed if you select the EDAS base image when you purchase an ECS instance.
The creation usually takes 1 to 5 minutes. Please wait until the instance is created.
- In the Image section, select Marketplace Image, and click Select from Alibaba Cloud Marketplace (including operating system).
- In the Image Marketplace dialog box, enter EDAS in the search box and click Search.
- In the search results, select a version next to EDAS Java Environment (Common ECS) and click Use. The latest version is selected by default.