Dynamic Route for CDN (DCDN) has the following benefits: stability, efficiency, scalability, and cost-effectiveness. This topic describes the benefits of DCDN.
- Alibaba Cloud provides more than 2,800 globally distributed edge nodes. The total bandwidth capacity of DCDN reaches up to 150 Tbit/s. DCDN supports hundreds of millions of concurrent queries per second (QPS) to ensure stable content acceleration.
- Advanced distributed system architecture: supports load balancing to ensure node availability.
- High stability and performance: The cache hit ratio of requests for static cached content reaches up to 95%. Performance inside mainland China can be improved by 100%. Performance in regions outside mainland China can be improved by 200%.
- Optimized transmission protocols: supports the HTTP/2 transmission protocol for fast and stable data transmission.
- Accurate caching: uses the intelligent object algorithm to cache content based on object popularity in a multi-level and hierarchical manner to accurately accelerate content delivery.
- High-speed caching: DCDN provides a high-performance caching system. This system balances the use of multi-core processing capabilities, achieves efficient memory usage and control, and maximizes input/output operations per second (IOPS) and throughput of solid state drives (SSDs).
- High read and write rates: All nodes are configured with SSDs to support high-rate data reads and writes. Based on the acceleration capabilities, these SSDs can reduce the response time and improve the availability.
- Efficient back-to-origin processes: provide failover and retransmission mechanisms to ensure efficient back-to-origin process and information synchronization.
- Intelligent scheduling: implements data-based real-time scheduling and supports node-level
traffic prediction. This improves the scheduling quality and accuracy.
- Multi-level scheduling: If some nodes fail, services are not interrupted.
- Multi-system coordination: coordinates with the security defense system, refresh system, and content management system to maximize the performance of each module.
- Ordered processing of back-to-origin requests: automatically responds to and adjusts for traffic spikes. DCDN implements QPS-based throttling for back-to-origin requests to protect the availability of the origin server. The waiting room solution allows you to customize the waiting page, waiting duration, and release rules to maximize user experience.
- Scalable resources: You are charged for actual resource usage. Resources are available across Internet service providers (ISPs) and regions.
- Customized management: DCDN provides a wide range of simple custom configuration options to allow you to add, delete, modify, and query domain names. DCDN also allows you to customize cache policies, HTTP response headers, and other features.
- Open API: DCDN provides a wide array of API operations. You can call these API operations to use multiple DCDN features including service activation, content refresh, monitoring, and log download and distribution. For more information about API operations, see List of operations by function.
- Performance optimization
- Intelligent compression: compresses content transmitted over the network. This reduces the number of bytes transmitted over the network, shortens the data transmission time, and improves acceleration.
- Refresh and prefetch: provides the cache refresh and object prefetch features.
- Optimal route: makes routing decisions and selects the optimal back-to-origin routes for dynamic content delivery by using origin monitoring, real-time network monitoring, and intelligent routing mechanisms.
Connection multiplexing: Edge nodes accept connection requests from users and establish persistent connections based on actual back-to-origin requests. This reduces the I/O pressure on the origin server.
- Analyzes inbound and outbound traffic conditions to ensure that the client can be reached within a limited number of hops. This avoids network failures and congestions.
- The last hop to connect to edge nodes adopts Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) multi-line. This can ensure efficient back-to-origin process under the same region and network provider.