- Data warehousing service
Data Transmission Service (DTS) can synchronize data in real time in production system databases such as ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL, ApsaraDB RDS for PostgreSQL, and ApsaraDB RDS for PolarDB and traditional databases such as Oracle and SQL Server. Data can also be batch synchronized to AnalyticDB for PostgreSQL through the data integration service (DataX). AnalyticDB for PostgreSQL supports complex Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) operations on large amounts of data. These tasks can also be scheduled by Dataworks. AnalyticDB for PostgreSQL also provides high-performance online analysis capabilities and can use Quick BI, DataV, Tableau, and FineReport for report presentation and ad hoc query.
- Big data analytics platform
You can import huge amounts of data stored in MaxCompute, Hadoop, and Spark to AnalyticDB for PostgreSQL through DataX or OSS for high-performance analysis, processing, and exploration.
- Data lake analytics
AnalyticDB for PostgreSQL can use an external table mechanism to access the huge amounts of data stored in OSS in parallel and build an Alibaba Cloud data lake analytics platform.
In OLAP business scenarios, AnalyticDB for PostgreSQL has the following benefits:
- ETL for offline data processing
AnalyticDB for PostgreSQL provides the following benefits that make it ideal to optimize complex SQL queries and aggregate and analyze huge amounts of data:
- Supports standard SQL, OLAP window functions, and stored procedures.
- Uses an ORCA-based distributed SQL optimizer to make complex queries without the need for tuning.
- Uses the MPP architecture capable of processing petabytes of data in seconds.
- Provides column store-based high-performance scanning of large tables and high compression ratio.
- Online high-performance query
AnalyticDB for PostgreSQL provides the following benefits for real-time exploration, warehousing, and updating of data:
- Allows you to write and update high-throughput data through INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE operations.
- Supports a wide variety of row store indexes such as B-tree and bitmap indexes and can respond to queries in milliseconds.
- Supports distributed transactions, standard database isolation levels, and HTAP.
- Multi-model data analysis
AnalyticDB for PostgreSQL provides the following benefits for processing of a variety of unstructured data sources:
- Supports the PostGIS extension for geographic data analysis and processing.
- Takes advantage of the MADlib extension, a library of in-database machine learning algorithms, to implement an AI-native database.
- Provides high-performance retrieval and analysis of unstructured data such as images, speech, and text through vector retrieval.
- Supports formats such as JSON and can process and analyze semi-structured data such as logs.