This topic describes how to delete image data. After you delete image data, the stored image feature information is deleted, but the instance resources are not released.
Use the console
- Log on to the Image Search console.
- Select the service type and click the name of your instance.
- In the Basic Information section on the Overview tab, click Clear Images in the upper-right corner.
- In the dialog box that appears, click Get Verification Code. Enter the verification code that you receive.
- Click OK.Note After you submit the request, the instance is in the Resetting state. After all the images are cleared, the instance status changes to Running. Then, you can use the Image Search instance.
Call API operations
In this method, you can send requests over HTTP or HTTPS to access Image Search, and you must be authenticated based on a signature mechanism. The request body must be sent in a specified format. If you delete images by calling API operations, the default queries per second (QPS) is 20. For more information, see Delete images.
Image Search provides SDKs of multiple versions. If you use SDKs, you do not need to concern yourself with issues such as signature verification and compliance with the format of the request body. If you need to delete a small number of images in real time, we recommend that you use this method. If you delete images by using SDKs, the default QPS is 20. For more information, see SDK reference.
Perform batch operations
You can use the batch operation feature in the Image Search console to delete the images from the instance at a time. This method applies to scenarios where you need to delete millions of images by using a task. For more information, see Perform batch operations.