This topic describes how to apply for a public endpoint for a standalone ApsaraDB for MongoDB instance when you want to connect to this instance over the Internet.
The following table describes the connections supported by a standalone ApsaraDB for MongoDB instance.
|VPC connection address||
|Public connection address||
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for MongoDB console.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, select the resource group and the region of the target instance.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Replica Set Instances.
- Find the target instance and click its ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Database Connection.
- Click Apply for Public Connection String on the right of Public IP Connection.
- In the dialog box that appears, click OK.Note If you want to connect to an instance by using a requested public endpoint, you must add the public IP address of the device that connects to the instance to a whitelist of the instance. For more information, see Configure a whitelist.