This topic describes how to configure a canonical name (CNAME) record for your accelerated domain with Alibaba Cloud Domain Name System (DNS). After a domain is added to Alibaba Cloud Dynamic Route for CDN (DCDN), the Alibaba Cloud DCDN team assigns a CNAME to the domain. To enable the DCDN service, you must configure a CNAME record to map the domain to the CNAME. This way, requests for the domain can be sent to DCDN cache nodes.
- Query the canonical name (CNAME) of the accelerated domain.
- Log on to the DCDN console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Domain Names.
- On the Domain Names page, copy the CNAME of the accelerated domain name.Note We recommend that you copy the CNAME of the domain name that is in the Normal state.
- Add a CNAME record for the accelerated domain name.
- Log on to the Alibaba Cloud DNS console.
- On the Manage DNS page, click the Domains tab, select the domain name that you want to manage, and then click Configure in the Actions column.
- Click Add Record and add a CNAME record.
- Type: Select
CNAMEfrom the drop-down list.
- Host: Enter the prefix of the accelerated domain name.
Accelerated domain name Host
- ISP Line: Use the default value.
- Value: Enter the CNAME assigned to the accelerated domain name.
- TTL: Use the default value.
- Type: Select
- Click OK.The CNAME record is added. After the CNAME record takes effect, CDN acceleration is automatically enabled for the domain name.Note
- After you add a CNAME record, it immediately takes effect. After you modify a CNAME record, the modifications take effect within 72 hours.
- After you add a CNAME record, it takes approximately 10 minutes for the system to update the status in the console. The system may prompt that you must add a CNAME record. Ignore the message.
- Check whether the CNAME record has taken effect.
- Open the Command Prompt in Windows.
- Use the Command Prompt to ping the accelerated domain name. If the CNAME in the output matches the CNAME assigned
to the accelerated domain name in the Alibaba Cloud CDN console, it indicates that
the CDN service is enabled for the domain name.