Dynamic Route for CDN (DCDN) is a service developed by Alibaba Cloud based on Alibaba Cloud CDN (CDN). CDN accelerates the delivery of static content while DCDN accelerates both static and dynamic content over TCP, UDP, and WebSocket. DCDN allows you to integrate service security and edge computing with more than 2,800 globally distributed edge nodes. This improves the performance of your websites, provides better user experience, and improves your business efficiency.
DCDN is easy and simple to use. You do not need to adjust your current business structure or perform complicated configurations. To use DCDN, you only need to log on to the DCDN console and add the domain names that you want to accelerate to DCDN. For more information, see Quick start.
- DCDN can accelerate the delivery of HTTP, HTTPS, and WebSocket content. In addition, DCDN can identify static and dynamic content and use optimal acceleration policies to accelerate the delivery of your website content.
- DCDN supports IP Application Accelerator (IPA) based on TCP and UDP. You can use the acceleration service of DCDN without the need to pay attention to protocols.
- DCDN has more than 2,800 globally distributed edge nodes that provide scalable resources. This ensures the high availability of your services.
- You can migrate your computing resources, bandwidth resources, and connections to edge nodes of DCDN to reduce costs.
- DCDN allows you to customize features such as A/B testing, URI rewrite, and blacklists on edge nodes.
- A standardized API is provided for your use.
Fore more information, see Benefits.
How DCDN works
- DCDN identifies static and dynamic content to accelerate the delivery of your website content.
DCDN supports HTTP and HTTPS. After your domain names are added to DCDN, DCDN can identify static and dynamic content of your websites. Then, optimal acceleration policies are used to accelerate the delivery of your website content. Static content is cached on DCDN nodes. Users can directly retrieve the cached static content from the nearest DCDN nodes. Requests for dynamic content are redirected to the origin server through an optimal route selected by an intelligent routing system.
- DCDN supports multiple acceleration protocols to meet requirements of different scenarios.
DCDN supports Layer 7 acceleration based on WebSocket and Layer 4 acceleration based on TCP and UDP.
- DCDN provides more than 2,800 globally distributed edge nodes to ensure service high availability.
DCDN has more than 2,800 globally distributed edge nodes that provide scalable resources. This ensures the high availability of your services.
- DCDN provides edge security.
DCDN supports rate limiting and DDoS mitigation to ensure the security of your edge services.
- DCDN provides edge computing capabilities.
DCDN allows you to customize features such as A/B testing, URI rewrite, and blacklists on edge nodes.
Differences between DCDN and CDN
|Accelerated content||Static content.||Both static and dynamic content.|
|Acceleration method||Accelerates the delivery of static content.
Static content, such as images and videos, is cached on edge nodes of CDN. Users can retrieve static content from the nearest nodes.
|Accelerates the delivery of dynamic content, or both dynamic and static content.
|Supported protocols||HTTP and HTTPS.||HTTP, HTTPS, TCP, UDP, and WebSocket.|
|Content identification||Cannot separate dynamic content from static content.
You must manually separate dynamic content from static content. CDN can accelerate the delivery of only static content but not dynamic content.
|Intelligently identifies static and dynamic content.
You do not need to separate dynamic content from static content. DCDN can intelligently identify static and dynamic content and separately accelerate the delivery of static and dynamic content.
For more information about dynamic and static content, see What are static content and dynamic content?.
|Online education||Gaming||Retail||Finance||Media||Social media|
You are charged for basic services, requests, data transferred over WebSocket or bandwidth of WebSocket connections, and value-added services of DCDN. You can use subscription resource plans to offset resource fees. Resource plans. For more information, see Billing overview and DCDN Pricing.
We recommend that you understand the billing rules of DCDN before you activate it. For more information, see Activate DCDN.
- Use the DCDN console
The DCDN console is an easy-to-use and graphical user interface (GUI) that supports interactive operations. For more information about how to use the DCDN console, see Overview of domain management and Overview of service management.
- Call DCDN API operations
You can call Remote Procedure Call (RPC) API by sending GET and POST requests. For more information, see API Reference.
The following topics describe best practices and case studies of DCDN: Use DCDN to accelerate content delivery for ECS instances.