ApsaraDB for MongoDB allows you to apply for a public address to connect to an instance through the Internet.
There are certain security risks for connecting to an instance through the Internet. To guarantee data security, you need to release a public address in a timely manner after using it.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for MongoDB console.
- In the upper-left corner of the home page, select the region where the target instance is located.
- Click the target instance ID or choose in the Operation column corresponding to the target instance.
- On the Basic Information page that appears, click Database Connection in the left-side navigation pane.
- On the page that appears, click Apply for Public IP to the right of Public IP Connection.
- In the Apply for Public IP dialog box that appears, click OK.
Note After the application procedure, you can use the obtained public address to access the target instance. Before that, you need to add the public IP address of the terminal that you use to connect to the instance to the whitelist. For more information, see Configure a whitelist.
After the application procedure, the target ApsaraDB for MongoDB replica set instance provides separate addresses for you to connect to the primary and secondary nodes. For more information, see Obtain the replica set instance connection information.