This topic describes how to activate Realtime Compute in shared mode and exclusive mode. In shared mode, you must activate Realtime Compute and create a project. In exclusive mode, you must activate Realtime Compute, create a cluster, and create a project.
- Log on to the Alibaba Cloud official website by using your Alibaba Cloud account.
Note Use an Alibaba Cloud account instead of a Resource Access Management (RAM) user to activate Realtime Compute and create a project. If you do not have an Alibaba Cloud account, register one first.
- Go to the Realtime Compute product page. You can access the Realtime Compute product
page in either of the following ways:
- On the homepage of the Alibaba Cloud official website, choose .
Activate Realtime Compute in exclusive mode
After you place an order for Realtime Compute in exclusive mode, you must create a cluster before creating a project.
- Activate the service.
- On the Realtime Compute product page, click Buy Now. On the purchase page that appears, select Exclusive Mode (Subscription) or Exclusive Mode (Pay-As-You-Go).
- Enter configuration information, including the region, cluster configuration, and service duration.
- Click Buy Now.
Note For more information about the cluster configuration, seeConfigure a Realtime Compute cluster in exclusive mode .
- Read the agreement, for example, Realtime Compute exclusive mode (subscription) agreement, and select the check box to agree to it.
- Click Activate.
- Create a cluster.
- When you activate Realtime Compute in exclusive mode, Realtime Compute creates a security
group in your VPC and applies for an elastic network interface (ENI). For more information
about ENI, see ENI overview.
Note Do not delete the security group or the ENI.
- If you have VPCs, specify a VPC for Realtime Compute.
- If you do not have a VPC, activate the Alibaba Cloud VPC service first. For more information
about how to activate the VPC service, see Plan a VPC network.
Note When you create a VPC, please make sure:
- Sufficient Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instances are available in the VPC.
- The number of available IP addresses in the VSwitch is no less than the number of nodes in the Realtime Compute cluster.
- You can upload user-defined function (UDF) packages to the Realtime Compute cluster in exclusive mode. Realtime Compute saves the UDF packages to an Object Storage Service (OSS) bucket to make sure the data security. You must specify the OSS bucket. If you do not have any OSS bucket, create an OSS bucket first. For more information about how to create an OSS bucket, see Create a bucket.
- Configure a Realtime Compute cluster in exclusive mode
- When you activate Realtime Compute in exclusive mode, Realtime Compute creates a security group in your VPC and applies for an elastic network interface (ENI). For more information about ENI, see ENI overview.
- Click Console on the page that appears after you make the payment to go to the Realtime Compute console.
- On the Clusters page, click Create Cluster.
Note If you have not created any cluster for an order, a red number is displayed in the upper-right corner of Create Cluster on the page. The number indicates the number of orders for which you have not created any clusters.
- On the Select Order page, select the target order in Order ID.
- On the Basic Information page, set the Cluster Name and Cluster Description parameters.
- On the Cluster Settings page, set the configuration.
Note The Realtime Compute cluster must reside in the same security group, same region, and same VPC as the upstream and downstream data storage services that you purchased.
- OSS bucket
Select the OSS bucket for storing your UDF packages. If you do not have any OSS bucket, create an OSS bucket first. For more information about how to create an OSS bucket, see Create a bucket.Note When you create an OSS bucket, note the following two points:
- Please make sure that you specify Storage Type to Standard.
- We recommend that you select Private for Read and Write Authority. Do not select Public Read.
Select the VPC for the Realtime Compute cluster.Note Realtime Compute can recognize custom VPC names only.
After you properly configure the VPC, the system automatically displays the available zones.Note No zone or VSwitch is available in the following scenarios:
- ECS instances in the zone are insufficient.
- The number of available IP addresses in the selected VSwitch is less than the number of the applied ECS instances.
- OSS bucket
- On the Confirm page, click Create.
Note When a cluster is being created, it takes about half an hour for the cluster status to change from Starting to Running. If the cluster status does not change after a long period of time, submit a ticket.
- Create a project.
- Choose Create Project in the Actions column. . Find the target cluster and click
- In the Create Project dialog box that appears, set the Project Name, Project Description, and CUs parameters.
- Click Create.