SCC are based on ECS Bare Metal (EBM) Instances. With the help of the high-speed interconnectivity of RDMA (Remote Direct Memory Access) technology, SCC greatly improve network performance and increase the acceleration ratio of large-scale clusters. Therefore, SCC have all the advantages of EBM Instances and they can provide high-quality network performance featuring high bandwidth and low latency. For more information, see ECS Bare Metal Instance and Super Computing Clusters.
This article describes some consideration when you create an SCC instance. For more information about creating an SCC instance, see Create an ECS instance.
You must consider the following when creating an SCC instance:
- Region: Currently, only Zone D and Zone B of China East 2 (Shanghai) provide SCC instances.
- Instance type: The scch5 and sccg5 type families are available. For more information about instance types, see Instance type families.
- Image: Select Public Image. Currently, only CentOS 7.5 For SCC is supported.
- Storage: SCC support up to 16 data disks. You can add a data disk during instance creation, or you can add a disk after the instance is created, and thenmount the data disk.
- Network: Only VPC supports SCC.