This topic describes how to migrate one or more ECS instances from a classic network to a VPC.
Take note of the following requirements before you migrate ECS instances:
- During the migration process, the ECS instances will restart. This may affect your system and services.
- After the migration, no special configuration is required and the public IP address
of the ECS instance remains unchanged.
- For each migrated ECS instance, the public IP remains unchanged. However, you cannot view this public IP address in the operating system of the ECS instance. This public IP address is automatically assigned to the ECS instance in the VPC. You can change the public IP address of a pay-by-data-transfer ECS instance to an elastic IP address (EIP).
- If one of your applications depends on the visible public IP on the operating system of the ECS instance, evaluate the migration carefully because it will have some impacts on the service.
- The VSwitch of the VPC network and the ECS instances that you want to migrate must be in the same zone.
- The instance ID and logon information remain unchanged in the migration process.
- The migration of subscription instances is not charged. The migrated ECS instances are billed in a new billing cycle. The billing rate is the same as that of the VPC-facing instances with the same specifications.
- Renewal or configuration upgrading orders that have not taken effect or have not been paid will be canceled after the migration and cannot be restored. You must place renewal or scaling orders for the ECS instances again.
Step 1: Schedule the migration
- Log on to the ECS console.
- Find the instance that you want to manage, and choose .
- In the displayed dialog box, click OK.
- Click View Scheduled Tasks or click Pending Events in the common settings in the upper-right corner of the Overview page.
- On the Pending Events page, click the Migrate to VPC tab.
- Select the instance that you want to migrate, and then click Schedule Migration.
- In the displayed dialog box, select the VPC network, VSwitch and time of migration,
and click OK.
Step 2: Start the migration
After you schedule the migration, Alibaba Cloud will migrate the ECS instances at the scheduled time. It takes about five minutes to complete the migration.
Step 3: View the migration result
- View the event status on the All Events page. If the event status is in the Complete state, the migration succeeded.
- Check whether you have received an SMS message that indicates that the migration succeeded.
- Log on to the ECS console and check whether the Network Type of the instance is VPC.