If you forget your password, need to change the old password, or did not set a password when creating an instance, you can reset the password for the instance.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for MongoDB console.
- In the upper-left corner of the home page, select the region where the target instance is located.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Replica Set Instances or Sharding Instances based on the architecture of the target instance.
- Locate the target instance and click its instance ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Accounts.
- Click Reset Password.
- In the Reset Password dialog box that appears, enter a new password, confirm your password, and click OK.
- The password must consist of any three types of characters, including uppercase letters, lowercase letters, digits, and special characters. Special characters include exclamation points (!), number signs (#), dollar signs ($), percent signs (%), carets (^), ampersands (&), asterisks (*), parentheses (()), underscores (_), plus signs (+), hyphens (-), and equal signs (=).
- The password must be 8–32 characters in length.
- Click OK.