If you did not set a password when creating an instance or need to change the old password when using ApsaraDB for MongoDB, you can reset the password for the instance.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for MongoDB console.
- Click the target instance ID or choose in the Operation column corresponding to the target instance.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Accounts. On the page that appears, click Reset Password, as shown in the following figure.
- In the Reset Password dialog box that appears, enter a new password, confirm your password, and click OK, as shown in the following figure.
- The password must consist of any three types of characters, including uppercase letters, lowercase letters, digits, and special characters. Special characters include exclamation points (!), number signs (#), dollar signs ($), percent signs (%), carets (^), ampersands (&), asterisks (*), parentheses (()), underscores (_), plus signs (+), hyphens (-), and equal signs (=).
- The password must be 8–32 characters in length.