This topic describes how to configure a DingTalk chatbot to receive alert notifications in a DingTalk group.
An Alibaba Cloud account is created. To create an Alibaba Cloud account, visit the account registration page.
CloudMonitor allows you to receive alert notifications in a DingTalk group by following the procedure described in this topic.
To use a DingTalk chatbot to receive alert notifications, you do not need to modify any alert rules. You only need to create an alert contact with the webhook URL of the DingTalk chatbot configured or add the webhook URL of the DingTalk chatbot to an existing alert contact. When alerts are triggered based on alert rules in which the alert contact is an alert notification recipient, you can receive alert notifications in the DingTalk group where the DingTalk chatbot is created.
If you add the webhook URL of a DingTalk chatbot to an existing alert contact, the DingTalk group where the DingTalk chatbot is created will receive all the previous alert notifications that were sent to the alert contact in emails.
Create a DingTalk chatbot on DingTalk for PC
- Start DingTalk for PC and go to the DingTalk group where you want to receive alert notifications.
- In the upper-right corner, click the Group Settings icon.
- In the Group Settings right-side pane, click Group Assistant. In the Group Assistant right-side pane, click Add Robot.
- In the ChatBot dialog box, click the + icon and click Custom.
- In the Robot details dialog box, click Add.
- In the Add Robot dialog box, enter a chatbot name, for example, CloudMonitor alert notifications.
- Select Custom Keywords in the Security Settings section and add the following five keywords one by one: Alibaba Cloud, Service, CloudMonitor, Monitor, and ECS. Then, click Finished.
- Click Copy to copy the webhook URL.
- Click Finished.
Add the webhook URL of the DingTalk chatbot to an alert contact
- Log on to the CloudMonitor console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose Alarms > Alarm Contacts. The Alarm Contacts page appears.
- On the Alert Contacts tab, find the target alert contact and click Edit in the Actions column.
- In the Set Alarm Contact right-side pane, enter the webhook URL in the DingTalk Robot field.