This topic describes how to create an SSH key pair in the ECS console. After a key pair is created, immediately download and save its private key to a safe location. To log on to an ECS instance that is bound with a key pair, you must have the private key. You can have a maximum of 500 key pairs in a region.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- Click Create SSH Key Pair.
- On the Create SSH Key Pair page, configure the following parameters.
Parameter Description SSH Key Pair Name The key pair name must be unique. The name must be 2 to 128 characters in length and can contain letters, digits, and the following special characters: periods (.), underscores (_), hyphens (-), and colons (:). It cannot start with a special character or digit. Creation Type You can select one of the following types of SSH key pairs: We recommend that you select Auto-create and save the private key in a timely manner.
- Auto-create: The system automatically creates a key pair for you. Download the private key immediately after its creation. You cannot download the private key at any time afterwards.
- Import: You can import a Base64-encoded public key.
Tag You can bind one or more tags to the key pair to facilitate resource search and aggregation. For more information, see Overview.
- Click OK.