This topic describes how to build a Drupal e-commerce website on an ECS instance based on an Alibaba Cloud Marketplace image.
You must have registered an Alibaba Cloud account before you follow the instructions provided in the tutorial. If not, create a new Alibaba Cloud account first.
Drupal is an open source content management framework (CMF) written in PHP. Drupal consists of a content management system (CMS) and a PHP development framework. You can use Drupal to build dynamic websites that provide various features and services. Drupal is commonly used in a variety of applications, from personal blogs to large communities.
The procedure described in this topic is applicable to users who are familiar with Linux, but new to web development on Alibaba Cloud ECS instances, and want to quickly build a website.
- Operating system: CentOS 7.3 64-bit
- Apache 2.4.45
- MySQL 5.6.36
- PHP 5.6.30
- Drupal 8.3.4
Step 1. Create an ECS instance
Create an ECS instance to build a small-sized website for personal use. Then, you can upgrade the configurations of the instance or optimize the architecture to complete later development. An ECS instance of ecs.c6.large type is used in this example.
Step 2. Select a Drupal website image
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- On the Instances page, click Create Instance.
- In the Image section of the Custom Launch tab, choose .
Drupalin the search bar, click Search, and select an image.
- Click Continue.
- On the Custom Launch tab, you can see that the Alibaba Cloud Marketplace image that you purchased is automatically selected in the Image section. Assign a public IP address to the instance and complete other settings to create the instance. For more information, see Create an instance by using the provided wizard.
Step 3. Install Drupal
http://the public IP address/phpMyAdminthrough a local browser.You can obtain the public IP address of the instance from the instance list in the ECS console.
- Use the username and password of MySQL provided by the Alibaba Cloud Marketplace image to log on to phpMyAdmin.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click NEW. At the top of the page, click SQL.
- Create a database and user for Drupal.
Enter the following SQL statements in the field and configure the following parameters:
- DrupalDBName: Specify a name for the database.
- UserName: Specify the user for the database.
- IP address: Specify localhost or 127.0.0.1 for a local host.
- UserPassWord: Specify a password for the database.
CREATE DATABASE drupalDBName; CREATE USER UserName; GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *. * TO 'UserName'@'IP' IDENTIFIED BY 'UserPassWord' WITH GRANT OPTION; FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
- Click Go.
http://the public IP address/drupalthrough a local browser to go to the Drupal installation page. Select the required language from the Choose language drop-down list, and then click Save and continue.
- Select the standard installation method and then click Save and continue.
- Enter the information of the created database and then click Save and continue.
- After the automatic installation is completed, enter the site information on the website settings page, and then click Save and continue.
After the installation is completed, you can log on to the Drupal website to customize the settings.