If the instance that hosts your website is located in Mainland China, you must apply for an ICP filing before providing services on your website. When reviewing your ICP filing application, the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT) verifies the information about your instance. This topic describes how to check the instance information when you host your website in an instance that is purchased from Alibaba Cloud or Alibaba Cloud Marketplace and located in Mainland China.
When reviewing your ICP filing application, MIIT verifies the following access information about your instance: service provider, access method, server location, and website IP address.
If you host your website on an on-premises server or in an on-premises data center, you need to contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP), such as China Telecom and China Unicom, to apply for an ICP filing.
- Instance location:
The instance is located in Mainland China.
- Instance type:
The instance is of the specified type and meets the requirement on the subscription duration. For more information about supported instances and purchase requirements, see Table 1.
- Number of websites that can be filed:
The number of service identification numbers that can be applied for each supported instance varies depending on its type. Make sure that the instance you purchase has sufficient service identification number quotas. For more information about the number of websites supported by each instance type, see Table 1.Note
- If you use the same Alibaba Cloud account to purchase the instance and apply for an ICP filing, you can directly select the instance during the ICP filing application process. You do not need to apply for a service identification number separately. You can directly select the instance or apply for a service identification number to apply for an ICP filing. In either method, one service identification number quota will be consumed for the instance.
- If you use separate Alibaba Cloud accounts to purchase the instance and apply for an ICP filing, we recommend that you use the account that is used to purchase the instance to log on to the Alibaba Cloud ICP Filing Management console and apply for a service identification number. For more information, see Apply for a service identification number.
- To apply for an ICP filing, you must provide a service identification number. If you have used a service identification number to apply for an ICP filing, you cannot reuse it to apply for another ICP filing. After you cancel the ICP filing or remove a service provider from the ICP filing information, the service identification number is still considered used. You cannot reuse it to apply for an ICP filing for another website.
|Instance type||Purchase requirement||Shopping URL||Number of service identification numbers|
|Elastic Compute Service (ECS)||
|ECS||5 for each instance|
||Web Hosting||5 for each instance|
|Simple Application Server||
||Simple Application Server||5 for each instance|
|Elastic Web Hosting||
||Elastic Web Hosting||5 for each Alibaba Cloud account|
|Alibaba Cloud Marketplace website building product||
||Alibaba Cloud Marketplace||1 for each instance|
|Network Address Translation (NAT) Gateway||
||NAT Gateway||2 for each instance|
|IPv6 Translation Service||
||IPv6 Translation Service||2 for each instance|
|Edge Node Service (ENS)||
||ENS||5 for each instance|
Other Alibaba Cloud services
|OSS||If you associate your custom domain name to an OSS endpoint, you need to apply for an ICP filing for your domain name. For more information, see Bind a custom domain.||You only need to apply for an ICP filing for your website. It is not required to add Alibaba Cloud to the ICP filing information as a service provider.|
|CDN||Websites that are hosted on instances located in Mainland China and use Alibaba Cloud CDN must have ICP filings.||
|WAF||Websites that are hosted on instance located in Mainland China and use Alibaba Cloud WAF for protection must have ICP filings.|
|Anti-DDoS Pro||Websites that are hosted on instances located in Mainland China and use Anti-DDoS Pro for protection must have ICP filings.||
Changes of access information
- If you have applied for an ICP filing for your website through another service provider
before and you want to host the website on an Alibaba Cloud instance or resolve the
subdomains to Alibaba Cloud instances, you need to add Alibaba Cloud to the ICP filing
Note To check whether your website has an ICP filing, go to the ICP filing management system of MIIT and choose (available in Chinese only).
- If you have applied for an ICP filing for your website through Alibaba Cloud and you
want to host the website on another Alibaba Cloud instance, you only need to modify
the DNS configuration to resolve the domain name to the new instance. In this case,
you do not need to apply for an ICP filing again.
Note To host the website on an instance provided by another service provider, you need to add the new service provider to the ICP filing information. For more information about the procedure, consult the new service provider.