If the instance that hosts your website is deployed in Mainland China, you must apply for an ICP filing before you can run your website. During the process of ICP filing application, Alibaba Cloud will verify the instance and access information. This topic describes how to check the instance and access information before you apply for an ICP filing if your website is hosted on an Alibaba Cloud instance or a product from Alibaba Cloud Marketplace deployed in Mainland China.
Check access information
During the verification process, information about the service provider, access method, instance location, and website IP address will be verified.
If you host your website on your own server or on-premises data center, you need to contact an Internet service provider (ISP), such as China Telecom or China Unicom, to apply for an ICP filing.
- Instance location
The instance is deployed in an Alibaba Cloud region in Mainland China.Note To obtain the detailed endpoint of the instance, consult the after-sales team of Alibaba Cloud through Smart Online.
- Instance type
The instance is of the specified type and meets the requirement on the subscription duration. For more information, see Table 1.
- Number of service identification numbers available for websites
The quantity of service identification numbers that can be applied for per supported instance varies based on its type. Make sure that the instance you purchased has sufficient unused service identification numbers for your websites. For more information, see Table 1.Note
- If you use the same Alibaba Cloud account to purchase the instance and apply for an ICP filing, you can directly select the instance during the ICP filing application process. You do not need to apply for a service identification number separately. You can directly select the instance or apply for a service identification number for ICP filing application. No matter which method you choose, the maximum quantity of service identification numbers supported by an instance does not change.
- If you use different Alibaba Cloud accounts, we recommend that you log on to the Alibaba Cloud console and apply for a service identification number with the account that is used to purchase the instance. For more information, see Apply for service identification numbers.
- To apply for an ICP filing, you must apply for a service identification number first. If a service identification number is already in use for a website, you cannot reuse it to apply for an ICP filing for another website. If you deregister the website or remove Alibaba Cloud from the service provider list, the service identification number is still considered used. You cannot reuse it to apply for an ICP filing for another website.
|Instance type||Purchase requirement||Purchase URL||Quantity of service identification numbers|
|Elastic Compute Service (ECS)||
|ECS||Up to five per instance|
|Cloud Web Hosting||
||Cloud Web Hosting||Up to five per instance|
|Simple Application Server||
||Simple Application Server||Up to five per instance|
|Elastic Web Hosting||
||Elastic Web Hosting has been offline since December, 2019. The instances purchased before the offline date can be used for ICP filing application normally. We recommend that you purchase Cloud Web Hosting for future use.||Up to five per instance|
|Network Address Translation (NAT) Gateway||
||NAT Gateway||Up to two per instance|
|IPv6 Translation Service||
||IPv6 Translation Service||Up to two per instance|
||ENS||Up to five per instance|
||IoT Package||One per package|
|Product from Alibaba Cloud Marketplace for website building||
||Alibaba Cloud Marketplace||One per instance|
Check other Alibaba Cloud services
|OSS||If you associate a custom domain name with an OSS endpoint, you need to apply for an ICP filing for this domain name. For more information, see Bind custom domain names.||You must obtain an ICP filing for the domain name from the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT). You are not required to add Alibaba Cloud to the ICP filing information as a service provider.|
|CDN||Websites that are hosted on instances deployed in Mainland China must apply for an ICP filing to use Alibaba Cloud CDN.||Assume that you use Alibaba Cloud CDN for content delivery acceleration in Mainland China or all over the world. You must obtain an ICP filing for the domain name from the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT). You are not required to add Alibaba Cloud to the ICP filing information as a service provider.|
|WAF||Websites that are hosted on instances deployed in Mainland China must apply for an ICP filing to use Alibaba Cloud WAF.||You must obtain an ICP filing for the domain name from the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT). You are not required to add Alibaba Cloud to the ICP filing information as a service provider.|
|Anti-DDoS Pro||Websites that are hosted on instances deployed in Mainland China must apply for an ICP filing to use Anti-DDoS Pro.|
Check changes in access information
- You have obtained an ICP filing through Alibaba Cloud. To host your website to another
Alibaba Cloud instance, perform the following operations based on the specific scenarios:
Note If you have obtained an ICP filing through Alibaba Cloud and want to switch to another service provider, you need to transfer your ICP filing information to a new service provider. For more information, consult the new service provider.
- If your website does not require an ICP commercial license, you only need to modify the domain name resolution record and direct the domain name to a new instance. You do not need to apply for a new ICP filing.
- If the province where you obtained an ICP commercial license requires that the submitted IP address must be the same as the actual IP address, you need to modify the submitted IP address in the Alibaba Cloud ICP Filing System. Contact your local authorities to confirm whether you need to modify the IP address when you apply for a Public Security Bureau (PSB) filing or an ICP commercial license.
- You have obtained an ICP filing for your website through another service provider,
and want to change this service provider or direct a sub-domain name to Alibaba Cloud,
you must transfer the ICP filing information to Alibaba Cloud.
Note To check whether your website has obtained an ICP filing, log on to the MIIT ICP Filing Management System, and choose in the left-side navigation pane.