AnalyticDB for PostgreSQL (formerly known as HybridDB for PostgreSQL) is a Massively Parallel Processing (MPP) data warehousing service that can analyze large amounts of data online.
AnalyticDB for PostgreSQL is developed based on the Greenplum open source project and enhanced with some in-depth extensions by Alibaba Cloud. AnalyticDB for PostgreSQL is compatible with ANSI SQL 2003 syntax and the PostgreSQL/Oracle database ecosystem. This service also supports hybrid storage mode with data stored in both rows and columns. AnalyticDB for PostgreSQL not only provides high-performance offline data processing, but also supports high-concurrency online analysis and query. AnalyticDB for PostgreSQL is a competitive data warehousing solution that can be used to process petabytes of data in real time in various industries.
- Adaptable to changing workload requirements with no tuning required.
Fully compatible with SQL 2003 syntax and partially compatible with Oracle syntax with support for PL/SQL stored procedures. AnalyticDB for PostgreSQL offers a new-generation SQL optimizer to implement complex analysis without tuning.
- Analyzes petabytes of data in seconds.
Provides an MPP scale-out architecture to support response to PB-level data queries within seconds. AnalyticDB for PostgreSQL provides up to ten times better performance than traditional database engines through vectorized computing and intelligent column store indexing.
- Provides high availability and always-on connectivity.
Supports distributed transactions, ACID consistency, redundant deployment of all nodes and data across machines, and automatic monitoring switching, enabling always-on connectivity.
- Compatible with a wide variety of ecosystems.
Supports mainstream BI and ETL tools and supports geographic data analysis through the PostGIS extension. The MADlib library has over 300 built-in machine learning algorithms.
- Enables data interconnection.
Supports synchronization with multiple data sources through tools such as DTS and Dataworks and supports highly parallel access to OSS and Data Lake Analytics.
- Master node
- Receives requests and develops distributed execution plans.
- Compute nodes (formerly known as compute groups)
- Provide massively parallel processing.
- Store data of each partition in dual copies.
- Automatically back up data to OSS on a regular basis.
- You can go to the Yunqi community and join the AnalyticDB for PostgreSQL technical support group on DingTalk to learn more about AnalyticDB for PostgreSQL. For more information, see Get started with AnalyticDB for PostgreSQL.
- Submit a ticket to seek technical assistance.
- For official information of the Greenplum Database open source community, visit http://www.greenplum.org.