Alibaba Cloud Quick BI is a cloud computing-based service that supports big data analysis and visualized data presentation. It is a lightweight, easy to use BI tool. You can perform ad hoc queries and analysis on data by creating data sources and datasets. You can use workbooks and dashboards to visualize data.
- Multiple data sources: Quick BI supports a wide range of data sources, including ApsaraDB, cloud, relational, Hadoop, and MPP databases.
- High-performance ad hoc queries: the built-in high-performance query engine runs computing and query tasks on a large volume of data within seconds.
- Convenient data analysis: Quick BI allows you to create Microsoft Excel-like workbooks and use over 300 Microsoft Excel-like data analysis functions. Quick BI dashboards support multiple types of data analysis, including filter interaction and drill down analysis. You do not need to use SQL statements to analyze data.
- Secure and multiple access methods: Quick BI allows you to create ACL rules to ensure data security. Access permissions to each object is under control. You can verify and grant permissions to different objects. Quick BI provides multiple security control methods, including user permission control, row-level permissions, and watermarks. You can create a dashboard and display it on multiple terminals, including mobile terminals, PCs, and large screens.
- Quick modeling: you can create a dataset in three steps.
- Powerful data analysis capabilities: Quick BI allows you to create workbooks. You can use Quick BI to analyze data and create reports (such as daily, monthly, and annual reports) based on multiple data sources. Quick BI supports over 300 common data analysis functions to help you optimize analysis results.
- Diversified data visualization features: Quick BI supports over 21 chart types, including vertical bar, line, horizontal bar, area, pie, funnel, radar, hierarchy, and scatter charts. Quick BI also supports geo bubble maps, geo maps, dashboards, Kanban, treemaps, LBS maps, polar diagrams, word clouds, tornado-leaned, flow analysis, and cross tables. You can use these charts to visualize business data.
- Protected mode: Quick BI allows members in the same group space to edit the same object. This helps you analyze your business data efficiently.
- Multi-dimensional data analysis: the Web interface supports Microsoft Excel-like drag-and-drop operations, quick data import, and real-time analysis. This allows you to analyze data based on different dimensions without building a new model.
- Flexible reporting methods: reports created in Quick BI can be embedded into your own system. This allows you to view reports without the need to log on to the Quick BI console.
Based on big data construction and management, Quick BI can solve business scenario issues, monitor global data, and support data-based operations. You can use Quick BI and Dataphin to build a data middle platform based on cloud data. Quick BI helps you solve issues occurred in intelligent data collection and exploration.
Beginning August 2017, Quick BI has released several updates based on its own existing features and commonly used features of other Alibaba Cloud services. These updates also take into consideration any advantages of domestic and international competitors, feedback from developers, and user experience feedback. Quick BI is widely used in the following sectors: retail, financial, media, catering, and fast-moving consumer goods.
Beginning from version 3 that was released in September 2018, Quick BI supports more data sources, including Object Storage Service, SAP IQ, SAP HAHA, and Vertica. The OLAP and query acceleration engines can provide high-quality query and analysis services based on big data. The BI process is simplified to improve user experience. You do not need to understand the complex technologies to use Quick BI.