The website remote attachment function refers to directly storing uploaded attachments to a remote storage server, which is usually a remote FTP server, over the FTP.
Currently, Discuz forums, PHPWind forums, and WordPress websites support the remote attachment function.
This document instructs you on storing remote attachments from a PHPWind-based forum.
Apply for an OSS account and create a public-read bucket. You must set the permission to public-read because it must allow anonymous access.
The PHPWind we use is PHPWind 8.7 and the configuration process is as follows.
- Log on to the website.
Go to the management interface and select.
- Configure the function
- Set “Enable FTP uploads“ to Yes.
- Set “Website Attachment Address“ to http://bucket-name.endpoint Here, we want to test the bucket test-hz-jh-002 from the Hangzhou region. Therefore, we enter http://test-hz-jh-002.oss-cn-hangzhou.aliyuncs.com, where the BucketName must match the endpoint.
- Set the FTP server address, that is, the address that runs the OSS-FTP. Generally, this is 127.0.0.1.
- Set “FTP service port No.” to the default “2048“.
- Set “Remote attachment directory” to “.“, that is, to create a directory for upload under the root directory of the bucket.
- Set “FTP Account” in the format of AccessKeyID/BucketName, where “/“ does not mean “or“.
- Set “FTP Password” to AccessKeySecret. To obtain the AccessKeyID and AccessKeySecret, you can log on to the Alibaba Cloud console and go to Access Key Management.
- Set the FTP time-out time. If you set it to “10”, a time-out response is sent if a request does not receive a response within 10 seconds.
PHPWind does not allow users to directly test the function by clicking a test button. Therefore, we must publish a post with an image to verify the function.
Right-click the image and select “Open image in new tab”. The image is displayed in a new tab.
The image URL indicates that the image has been uploaded to bucket test-hz-jh-002 in the OSS.