Benefits of OSS over traditional storage
|Data Processing Capabilities||Provides image processing, audio/video transcoding, accelerated content delivery, archive services, and other value-added data services.||Must be purchased and deployed separately.|
More benefits of OSS
- Easy to use
- Provides RESTful APIs, a wide range of SDKs, client tools, and a web console. You can easily upload, download, retrieve, and manage massive amounts of data for websites and applications in the same way as for regular files in Windows.
- Sets no limit on the number and size of files. Unlike the traditional hardware storage, OSS enables you to easily scale up (expand) your storage space as needed.
- Supports streaming upload and download, which is suitable for business scenarios where you need to simultaneously read and write videos and other large files.
- Offers lifecycle management. You can delete expired data in batches or transition the data to low-cost archive services.
- Powerful and flexible security
- Provides flexible authentication and authorization, including STS, URL, whitelist, anti-leeching, and RAM account features.
- Offers user-level resource isolation. You can also use the multi-cluster synchronization service.
- Rich and powerful value-added services
- Image processing: Supports format conversion, thumbnails, cropping, watermarks, scaling, and other operations with a wide variety of file formats including jpg, png, bmp, gif, webp, and tiff.
- Audio/video transcoding: Provides high-quality, high-speed, parallel audio/video transcoding capabilities for audio/video files stored in OSS. You can easily make your audio/video files compatible for different types of devices.
- Accelerated content delivery: Content Delivery Network (CDN) can be used with OSS to speed up the delivery of content stored in OSS. This service features high stability, unlimited origin bandwidth, and easy configuration.