The Secrets Manager Kubernetes plug-in allows you to configure Key Management Service (KMS) Secrets Manager to store secrets. You can specify the names of secrets in Secrets Manager in the plug-in. The plug-in reads the latest versions of secret values from Secrets Manager and caches the secret values in Kubernetes clusters at regular intervals. This way, you can use dynamic secrets managed in Secrets Manager in the same manner as you use Kubernetes secrets.
If you use a self-managed Kubernetes cluster or Alibaba Cloud Container Service for Kubernetes (ACK) cluster, you can use the following methods to integrate Secrets Manager with your cluster in a codeless manner:
- Install the plug-in by using the ACK console
Note You can also visit ack-secret-manager and install the plug-in.
- Log on to the ACK console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- On the App Catalog page, click the Alibaba Cloud Apps tab.
- Search for ack-secret-manager.
- Click ack-secret-manager to install the plug-in.
- Install the plug-in by visiting kubernetes-external-secrets