Devices connect and then communicate with IoT Platform. IoT Platform can forward device data to other Alibaba Cloud services for storage and processing. You can deploy IoT applications based on the IoT Platform architecture.
IoT Platform provides multiple device SDKs to help you develop your devices and connect them to IoT Platform. After a device is integrated with a device SDK, you can securely connect the device to IoT Platform and use features such as device management, data analytics, and data forwarding.
Only devices that support the TCP/IP protocol can integrate with the provided SDKs.For more information, see Developer guide of device SDKs.
IoT Edge allows you to create edge computing nodes that are closest to devices, filter and cleanse device data, and then upload the processed data to IoT Platform. For more information, see IoT Edge.
IoT Platform provides multiple device SDKs and device authentication methods. IoT Platform supports multiple protocols, such as MQTT, CoAP, and HTTP. This allows you to efficiently connect devices to IoT Platform.
After the devices is connected to IoT Platform, communications between the devices and IoT Platform are implemented by using IoT Hub in a stable and reliable manner.
- High scalability: IoT Hub supports dynamic scaling, and allows up to one billion devices to connect with IoT Platform.
- End-to-end encryption: The entire communication link is encrypted with RSA or AES to ensure secure data transmission.
- Real-time message transmission: After a data channel is established between a device and IoT Hub, the channel becomes a persistent connection that can minimize the handshake time and ensure real-time transmission of messages.
- Support for passthrough data: IoT Hub supports sending binary passthrough data to the IoT Platform server. To keep data manageable and secure, IoT Hub does not store device data.
- Support for multiple communication modes: IoT Hub supports both the Pub/Sub and RRPC communication modes to meet your communication needs in various scenarios. Pub/Sub is a message routing mode based on topics.
- Support for multiple protocols: IoT Hub allows you to use the CoAP, MQTT, or HTTPS protocol to connect devices to IoT Platform.
IoT Platform provides the following features: server-side subscription, data forwarding, scene orchestration, Broadcast messages, RRPC communication. You can configure rules to synchronize, transform, filter, and store the messages that are transferred between devices, business servers, and IoT Platform.
Monitoring and O&M
Authentication and permission policies
IoT Platform attaches much importance to security. IoT Platform provides multiple security policies to ensure secure communications between devices and IoT Platform.
- IoT Platform issues a unique certificate to each device. When the device connects with IoT Platform, the unique certificate is used for authentication.
- IoT Platform provides multiple device authentication methods for developers to meet different security needs and production requirements.
- IoT Platform grants permissions on a device basis. A device can publish messages and subscribe only to its own topic. IoT Platform identifies user permissions based on AccessKey pair information and allows users to manage only authorized topics.