DataV is an Alibaba Cloud data visualization service that allows you to analyze and present huge amounts of complex data as visual dashboards. DataV aims to bring the experience of data visualization to a wider audience, helping less-experienced engineers easily build professional visual applications through a graphical user interface. DataV can satisfy your data presentation requirements in scenarios such as conference exhibitions, business monitoring, risk warning, and geographic information analysis.
DataV displays complex and dynamic business data in a more lively and user-friendly way than traditional charts and data dashboards, and delivers real-time insights to drive rapid, informed decisions. DataV can be used in a variety of industries including retail, transportation, logistics, electric power, water conservation, and environmental protection. DataV provides interactive data dashboards to enable easy identification and diagnosis of business problems and has become an essential part of big data solutions.
- You are unfamiliar with how to use data visualization tools and lack experience.
- It is time-consuming and requires a lot of effort to develop charts and visual effects.
- Necessary widgets or tools for presenting and analyzing non-traditional data such as spatio-temporal or relational data, are not accessible or available for use.
- The tools that you use have resolution problems when presenting data on large screens.
- The tools that you use cannot properly present data visualizations for big data analysis.
- Develop data visualization projects similar to those used for the Tmall Double 11
Shopping Festival and Alibaba Cloud City Brain.
DataV provides a variety of visual tools to present data in a wide range of scenarios.
- Use high-performance 3D rendering engines.
DataV incorporates 3D rendering capabilities for geographic displays. It uses GPU power to render large volumes of data and provide low-cost, reusable 3D visualizations for fields such as smart city, smart traffic, security monitoring, and business intelligence.
- Use a wide variety of charts and widgets.
DataV provides a wide variety of basic and third-party chart libraries to build professional visualizations.
- Build professional geographic visualization projects.
DataV allows you to overlay geographical data and plot effects such as geographical trajectories, geographical flying lines, heatmaps, regional chunks, and 3D globes.
- Create visualization projects from templates designed for different industries.
DataV provides dozens of customized data templates for different industries to better suit your business.
- Connect and display a wide range of data sources.
DataV supports Alibaba Cloud AnalyticDB, Relational Database Service, local CVS files, online APIs, and can send requests to data sources dynamically.
- Build visualization projects easily.
DataV requires minimal programming skills and allows you to create professional visualization projects with simple drag-and-drop operations.
- Flexibly deploy and publish visualization projects.
DataV visualization projects can be adapted and split in many non-conventional configurations. You can publish projects with password or token authentication to implement access control and secure information shown on the dashboards.
- Basic Edition
Note DataV Basic Edition offers a free 30-day trial for new users to try the DataV service.
- Allows you to publish visualization projects to the public.
- Supports seven types of data sources such as RDS for MySQL, AnalyticDB, CSV, and HTTP API.
- Provides eight basic templates and supports standard charts and basic map widgets.
- Allows you to create a maximum of five visualization projects. This limit cannot be increased.
- Allows you to manage workspace accounts.
- Enterprise Edition
- Allows you to publish visualization projects with password or token authentication.
- Also supports Oracle, SQL, and several other types of data sources, in addition to the data source types supported by DataV Basic Edition.
- Has no limits on the number of templates and widgets that you can use, and supports third-party widget libraries, such as ECharts and G2.
- Allows you to create one independent workspace and up to 20 visualization projects. You can increase the maximum number of visualization projects by purchasing a project expansion package.
- Other features:
- Allows you to manage workspace accounts and customize widgets.
- Allows you to publish visualization projects as Web pages requiring password or token authentication. To access these visualization projects, users must enter specified passwords or tokens. This prevents the business information contained in the projects from being divulged to malicious parties.