In some cases, if an ApsaraDB for ClickHouse instance becomes unavailable, you can restart the instance to fix issues. This topic describes how to restart an instance in the ApsaraDB for ClickHouse console.
- You cannot restart an instance when the configuration of the instance is being modified. For example, you cannot restart an instance when the instance is being scaled up, scaled down, scaled out, or scaled in.
- You can restart an instance only when the instance is in the Running state.
- When you restart an instance, a transient disconnection of approximately 30 seconds may occur. We recommend that you restart an instance during off-peak hours.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for ClickHouse console.
- On the Clusters page, find the cluster that you want to manage and click the cluster ID.
- In the upper-right corner of the cluster details page, click Restart Instance.
- In the Restart Instance message, click OK.
- In the SMS Verification dialog box, click Get Verification Code to send a verification code to the mobile phone number that is bound to your Alibaba
Cloud account. Enter the verification code and click OK. When the instance is being restarted, the instance is in the Restarting state. After the instance is restarted, the instance returns to the Running state.