You can use Log Service to collect log data and ship the log data to Object Storage Service (OSS) for storage and analysis. This topic describes how to ship log data from Log Service to OSS.
- A project and a Logstore are created. For more information, see Create a project and a Logstore.
- Log data is collected. For more information, see Log collection.
- OSS is activated. A bucket is created in the region where the Log Service project resides. For more information, see Activate OSS.
- Log Service is authorized to access cloud resources in OSS. You can authorize Log Service on the Cloud Resource Access Authorization page.
To ship log data across Alibaba Cloud accounts or by using a RAM user, see Use RAM to authorize Log Service to access OSS.
- You can set a custom retention period for log data in OSS. Permanent retention is supported.
- You can use data processing platforms such as E-MapReduce and Data Lake Analytics (DLA) or use custom programs to consume log data in OSS.
- Log on to the Log Service console.
- On the page that appears, click the source project in the Projects section.
- On the page that appears, choose > icon of the source Logstore, and then choose .. In the Logstore list, click the
- On the OSS Shipper page, click Enable.
- In the Shipping Notes dialog box, click Ship.
- Configure a rule for shipping log data to OSS.
The following table describes the configuration parameters.
Parameter Description OSS Shipper Name The name of the shipping rule.
The name can contain only lowercase letters, digits, hyphens (-), and underscores (_). It must start and end with a lowercase letter or digit and must be 3 to 63 characters in length.
OSS Bucket The name of the destination OSS bucket.Note You must specify the name of an existing OSS bucket. The specified OSS bucket must reside in the same region as the source project. OSS Prefix The destination directory in the OSS bucket. Shard Format The partition format of the directory of a shipping task. The default format is %Y/%m/%d/%H/%M. The value of this parameter cannot start with a forward slash (/). For information about partition format examples, see Partition format. For information about parameters of the partition format, visit strptime API. RAM Role The ARN of the RAM role assumed by Log Service. The RAM role is used to control access to the specified OSS bucket. Example: acs:ram::45643:role/aliyunlogdefaultrole. For more information, see Obtain the ARN of a RAM role. Shipping Size The maximum size of raw log data that can be shipped to the OSS bucket in a shipping task. Valid values: 5 to 256. Unit: MB.
If the size of shipped data exceeds the specified value, a new shipping task is created.
Storage Format The storage format of log data in OSS. Data shipped to OSS can be in the JSON, CSV, or Parquet format. For more information, see CSV storage format. Compress Specifies whether to compress log data that is shipped to OSS.
- No Compress: Log data that is shipped to OSS is not compressed.
- Compress (snappy): The Snappy utility is used to compress the log data that is shipped to OSS. This frees more storage space of the OSS bucket.
Ship Tags Specifies whether to ship log tags. Shipping Time The time interval between two successive shipping tasks. Valid values: 300 to 900. Default value: 300. Unit: seconds.
If the specified interval is reached, a new shipping task is created.
- Click OK.
- After you specify a shipping rule, multiple shipping tasks are concurrently running. A new task is created if the size of data shipped from a shard reaches the specified threshold or the specified shipping interval is reached.
- After shipping tasks are created, you can check whether the shipping rule satisfies your business requirements based on the task status and the data shipped to OSS.
View OSS data
After log data is shipped to OSS, you can view the log data in the OSS console, by using an API or SDK, or by using another method. For more information, see OSS bucket management.
|OSS Bucket||OSS Prefix||Partition format||OSS directory|
To use the time information in partition formats when you use Hive, MaxCompute, or DLA to analyze OSS data, you can set partition formats in key-value pairs, for example, oss://test-bucket/log_ship_oss_example/year=2017/mon=01/day=20/log_195043_1484913043351525351_2850008.parquet. In this example, the three partition keys are specified: year, mon, and day.
- Modify the shipping rule of tasks
Click Settings to modify the shipping rule of tasks. For information about parameters, see Procedure.
- Disable shipping tasks
Click Disable. All tasks are disabled.
- View the status of tasks and error messages
You can view the status of all log shipping tasks that were performed in the last two days.
- Status of a shipping task
State Description Succeeded The shipping task succeeded. Running The shipping task is in progress. Check whether the task succeeds at a later time. Failed The shipping task failed. If the task failed and cannot be restarted because of external causes, troubleshoot the failure based on the error message and retry the task.
- Error message
If a shipping task failed, an error message is returned for the task.
Error message Description Solution UnAuthorized The error message returned because permissions are not granted to the AliyunLogDefaultRole role. Troubleshoot the error by checking the following configurations:
- The AliyunLogDefaultRole role must be created for the Alibaba Cloud account to which the destination OSS bucket belongs. Check whether the AliyunLogDefaultRole role is created.
- A permission policy must be attached to the AliyunLogDefaultRole role. Check whether the Alibaba Cloud account ID configured in the permission policy is valid.
- Check whether the AliyunLogDefaultRole role is granted write permissions on the destination OSS bucket.
- Check whether the ARN of the AliyunLogDefaultRole role that you entered in the RAM Role field is correct.
ConfigNotExist The error message returned because the task does not exist. Check whether the task is disabled. Enable the data shipping feature, configure a shipping rule for the task, and then retry the task. InvalidOssBucket The error message returned because the destination OSS bucket does not exist. Troubleshoot the error by checking the following configurations:
- Check whether the destination OSS bucket resides in the same region as the source project.
- Check whether the specified bucket name is correct.
InternalServerError The error message returned because an internal error has occurred in Log Service. Retry the failed task.
- Retry a task
If a task fails, Log Service automatically retries the task. You can also manually retry the task. By default, Log Service retries tasks that failed in the past two days. The minimum interval between retries is 15 minutes. If a task fails for the first time, Log Service retries the task 15 minutes later. If the task fails for the second time, Log Service retries the task 30 minutes later. If the task fails for the third time, Log Service retries the task 60 minutes later.
To retry a failed task, you can click Retry All Failed Tasks or Retry in the Actions column. You can also use an API or SDK to retry a task.
- Status of a shipping task
How do I obtain the ARN of a RAM role?
- To obtain the ARN of a RAM role, log on to the RAM console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click RAM Roles.
- On the RAM Roles page, click the role named AliyunLogDefaultRole.
- On the page that appears, obtain the ARN of the role in the Basic Information section.