This topic describes the logon methods and how to configure logon settings.
CloudSSO provides the username-password logon and single sign-on (SSO) logon methods. You can enable only one of the methods. For example, if you enable username-password logon, SSO logon is automatically disabled.
- Username-password logon
When a CloudSSO user accesses Alibaba Cloud, the username and password must be provided for the logon.
- SSO logon
If the user identity from an identity provider (IdP) is used to access Alibaba Cloud, you must enable SSO logon.
Enable or disable username-password logon
Username-password logon is automatically enabled. If username-password logon is disabled, SSO logon is automatically enabled.
- Log on to the CloudSSO console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Settings.
- In the Username-password Logon section, enable or disable username-password logon.
- To enable username-password logon, turn on the switch for Username-password Logon.
- To disable username-password logon, turn off the switch for Username-password Logon.
After you disable username-password logon, SSO logon is automatically enabled.
Note You must upload the IdP metadata file before you can enable SSO logon. After SSO logon is enabled, username-password logon is automatically disabled.
Enable or disable SSO logon
By default, SSO logon is not configured and is disabled. After SSO logon is enabled, username-password logon is automatically disabled. For more information, see Configure SSO logon.