Use a client to connect to RDS for MySQLThe following uses MySQL-Front as an example.
- Start the MySQL-Front client.
- In the Open Connection window, click New.
- Enter the RDS connection information.
Parameter Description Description Name Enter the connection task name. It is the same as the Host field by default. Host Enter the intranet or Internet address of the RDS instance.
You can view the address and port information as follows:
- If your client is deployed on an ECS instance that is in the same region and has the same network type as your RDS instance, use the intranet address.
- In other cases, use the Internet address.
- Log on to the RDS console.
- Select the region where the target instance is located.
- Click the ID of the instance to visit the Basic Information page.
- In the Basic Information area, you can find the Internet and intranet addresses and port numbers.
- Enter the intranet port number if you use an intranet address.
- Enter the Internet port number if you use an Internet address.
User Enter an account name of the RDS instance. Password Enter the password of the preceding account.
- Click OK.
- In the Open Connection window, select the connection that you created and click Open.
If the connection information is correct, the RDS instance gets connected successfully.