If your account maintains various types of resources that are associated with each other in different ways, you can bind tags to the resources to categorize and manage the resources in a unified manner.
You can bind 20 tags to a resource at most. You can bind/unbind 20 tags at most for the resource each time.
Take the following steps to bind resources with tags:
- Log on to the ECS console.
- Select the resource type in the left-side navigation pane for the binding operation, such as Instance, Disks, Snapshots, Images, and Security Groups.
- Select a region.
- Select the resources in the resource list to bind tags.
- Click Edit Tag at the bottom of the resource list.
Note If the selected resources are instances, select.
- In the dialog box,
- If the selected resource has already been created a tag, click the existing tag, and select the available tags.
- Click Create and set Key and Value if no tags are available for the selected resource.
- Key is required whereas Value is optional.
- Key cannot start with aliyun, http://, or https://. The key is case-insensitive and can contain up to 64 characters.
- Value cannot start with http:// or https://. The value is case-insensitive and can contain up to 128 characters. It can be empty.
- Any tag Key of a resource must be unique. A tag with the same key as an existing one will be overwritten.
- Available Tags and Create are grayed out if the selected resources are already bound with 20 tags. You must unbind some tags before binding new tags.
- Click Confirm.
To check if tags are successfully bound, use the Edit Tag function of the resource or click Tags in the left-side navigation pane of the ECS console. You can click Tags with a tag symbol at the top of the resource list to filter resources.