If your account maintains multiple resources that are associated with each other in different ways, you can attach tags to your resources to categorize and manage the resources in a unified manner.
You can attach a maximum of 20 tags to each resource. You can attach and detach up to 20 tags (separately or at a time) to each resource.
To attach resources with tags, follow these steps:
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, select the resource type for the attach operation, such as Instance, Disks, Snapshots, Images, and Security Groups.
- Select the target region.
- Select the target resources in the resource list to attach tags.
- Click Edit Tag at the bottom of the resource list.
Note If the selected resources are instances, select.
- In the dialog box:
- If the selected resource already has a created tag, click an existing tag, or select from the available tags.
- If the selected resource has no tags or you want to create a new tag, click Create and set Key and Value.
- Key is required whereas Value is optional.
- Key cannot start with aliyun, http://, or https://. The key is case-insensitive and can contain up to 64 characters.
- Value cannot start with http:// or https://. The value is case-insensitive and can contain up to 128 characters. It can also be empty.
- Any tag Key of a resource must be unique. An existing tag with the same key as a newly created tag will be overwritten.
- Available Tags and Create are grayed out if the selected resources are already attached with 20 tags. You must detach some tags before attaching new tags.
- Click Confirm.
To check if tags are successfully attached, use the Edit Tag function of the resource or click Tags in the left-side navigation pane of the ECS console. You can also click Tags with a tag symbol at the top of the resource list to filter resources.