If your account maintains various types of resources that are associated with each other in different ways, you can bind tags to the resources to categorize and manage the resources in a unified manner.
You can bind ten tags to a resource at most. You can bind/unbind five tags at most for the resource each time.
Take the following steps to bind resources with tags:
- Log on to the ECS console.
- Select the resource type in the left-side navigation bar for the binding operation, such as Instance, Cloud Disks, Snapshot, Image, and Security Groups.
- Select a region.
- Select the resources in the resource list to bind tags.
- Click Edit Tags at the bottom of the resource list.
Choose More > Edit Tags at the bottom of the resource list if the selected resources are Instance.
- Select or cross off tags in the dialog box:
- Click Available Tags and select available tags in the tag list for the selected resource.
- Click Create and set Key and Value if no tags are available for the selected resource:
- Key is mandatory whereas Value is optional.
- Key cannot start with aliyun, http://, or https://. The key is case-insensitive and can contain up to 64 characters.
- Value cannot start with http:// or https://. The value is case-insensitive and can contain up to 128 characters. It can be empty.
- Any tag Key of a resource must be unique. A tag with the same key as an existing one will be overwritten.
- Available Tags and Create are grayed out if the selected resources are already bound with 10 tags. You need to unbind some tags before binding new tags.
- Click Confirm.
To check if tags are successfully bound, use the Edit Tags function of the resource or click Tags in the left-side navigation bar of the ECS console. You can click Tags with a tag symbol at the top of the resource list to filter resources.