If you want to run an ECS instance on Alibaba Cloud that runs an operating system, software applications, and data on an ECS instance, a virtual machine, or a cloud server, you can create a custom image and use it to create an ECS instance. This method improves the deployment efficiency.
- If the image and the instance are in the same region, create a custom image by using one the following methods:
- If the custom image and the instance are in different regions, copy the custom image to the target region. For more information, see Copy custom images.
- If the image to be used is not owned by another account, it must be shared with you. For more information, see Share images.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Instances.
- In the upper-right corner of the Instance List page, click Create Instance.
- On the purchase page, follow the steps mentioned in Create an ECS instance. However, before doing so, consider the following:
- Region: Select the region where the image is located.
- Image: Select Custom Image or Shared Image, and then select an image from the drop-down list.
Note If the selected custom image contains more than one data disk snapshot, an equal number of cloud disks are automatically created to work as data disks. By default, the size of each data disk is equal to that of the source snapshot. You are only allowed to increase the size of a data disk and you cannot decrease it.
- Confirm the order.