Copying images allows you to deploy an application across regions that runs the same image environment. You can copy a custom image from one region to another. The task completion time depends on the network transfer speed and the number of concurrent tasks in the queue.
- Upon copying a custom image, a corresponding snapshot is created in the target region. The image is then created from that snapshot in the target region. As a result, fees are calculated due to data transfer between different regions. However, no fee is charged for such traffic. The billing policy is subject to change.
- After copying a custom image, an identical image is created in the target region. However, the relevant role and service authorization information is lost, which is also true for previously configured user data.
To copy images in the ECS console, follow these steps:
- Log on to the ECS console.
- Select the target region.
- In the left-side navigation pane, select .
- Select the custom image you want to copy. Note that Type must be Custom Images. Then, in the Actions column, click Copy Image.
Note If your custom image is larger than 200 GiB, when you click Copy Image you will be directed to open a ticket to complete the operation.
- In the Copy Image dialog box, you can find the ID of the selected image. Complete the following configurations:
- Select the Target Region.
- Enter the Custom Image Name and Custom Image Description that are shown in the target region.
- Click OK.
- Switch to the target region and check the progress. When 100% is displayed, the image is copied successfully.
Note If Progress is not 100%, Status is Creating. In this case, you can click Cancel Copy to cancel the operation. After the operation is canceled, the image information is removed from the target region.
You can also view all copied snapshot in the target region.