In the ECS console, you can add an instance to one or more security groups. Each ECS instance can join up to five security groups.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Instances.
- Select a region.
- Select the target instance. Click the instance name or click Manage to the right of the instance to go to its Instance Details page.
- Click Security Groups in the left-side navigation pane.
- Click Add to Security Group.
- Select the security group that you want to join. If you need to join multiple security groups, select a security group and then click Join multiple security groups. A selection box appears that shows the selected security groups.
- Click OK.
After the instance is added to the security group, the rules of that security group apply to the instance automatically.