To ensure proper operation of your ECS instance, you must take the considerations outlined in this section into account before use.
Alibaba Cloud prohibits you from:
- Using your instance for flow-through services. Any violation will result in punishment up to shutdown and lockout of instance, and termination of services.
- Upgrading the ECS kernel or OS without prior authorization.
- Activating SELinux.
- Uninstalling PVDriver.
- Arbitrarily modifying the MAC address of the network adapter.
- For an ECS with more than 4 GB RAM, use of a 64-bit OS is recommended, because a 32-bit OS supports a maximum of 4 GB RAM. Currently available 64-bit systems include:
- Aliyun Linux
- SUSE Linux
- Windows 2008/2012
- 32-bit Windows OS supports CPUs with up to 4 cores.
- To ensure service continuity and avoid service downtime, enable auto-start of service applications upon OS boot.
- For I/O-optimized instances, do not stop the aliyun-service process.
To ensure stable system operation, DO NOT:
- Modify the content of the default
/etc/issuefile. Modifying this file will render management console buttons unusable.
- Modify directory permissions in partitions, particularly permissions for directories such as
/lib. Improper modification of permissions may cause errors.
- Rename, delete, or disable the Linux root account.
- Compile or perform any other operations on the Linux kernel.
- Enable the NetWorkManager service. This service conflicts with the internal network service of the system and will cause network errors.
- Do not close the built-in shutdownmon.exe process. This may delay the restart of your Windows server.
- Do not rename, delete, or disable the Administrator account.
- The use of virtual memory is not recommended.
The Pay-As-You-Go service is subject to the following restrictions:
- An ECS server can use only one billing method, meaning that you cannot switch between Subscription and Pay-As-You-Go services. You cannot modify the configuration of the Pay-As-You-Go service, including upgrades of bandwidth, CPU/memory, and data disks.
- If a fixed 0 Mbps bandwidth is selected, you will not be allocated an external IP address, neither can you upgrade the bandwidth.
- A record-filing service is not offered for Pay-As-You-Go services.
- The fee for Pay-As-You-Go services is calculated per hour as follows: Total fee = CPU fee ＋ memory fee ＋ data disk fee ＋ public bandwidth fee.