After creating an ECS instance, you can connect to it by using different methods. This article introduces how to connect and manage your ECS instance using the Management Terminal in the ECS console. For more information, see connect to instances.
- Log on to the ECS Console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Instances.
- Select a region. In this example, China East 1 is selected.
- In the instances list, find the ecs-01 instance that has been created. In the Actions column, click Connect.
- In the pop-up VNC Password dialog box, copy the password, then click Close.
Note The VNC password appears only once. Remember the password so that you can use it to connect to the Management Terminal later.
- In the pop-up Enter VNC Password dialog box, paste the password, and then click OK.
- Log on to the ECS instance. Do the following according to the operating system:
- For a Linux instance, enter the username root and the instance logon password that is set when you create an instance.
- For a Windows instance, in the upper left corner of the Management Terminal interface, click to enter the logon interface. Enter the password set when you create an instance to log on.
If you forget your instance logon password, reset the instance password.