If you require network connectivity between workspaces or between a workspace and a data center, you can use Alibaba Cloud Cloud Enterprise Network (CEN) to implement network connectivity. This topic describes how to attach a secure office network to or detach a secure office network from a CEN instance.
- The account type of the workspace is convenience account.
- A CEN instance is created. For more information, see Create a CEN instance.
CEN is a high-availability network built on the global private network of Alibaba Cloud that offers high performance and low latency. You can use CEN to establish private network connections between virtual private clouds (VPCs) in different regions, or between VPCs and data centers. This helps accelerate network convergence, improve the quality and security of cross-network communication, and connect all network resources. For more information, see What is CEN?
- The secure office network corresponding to each workspace can be attached only to a single CEN instance.
- The secure office networks of workspaces of the enterprise AD account type must be attached to CEN instances when they are created. These secure office networks cannot be detached from CEN instances.
- No bandwidth plans or connection fees are required if you want to connect the secure office networks of workspaces within the same region. To connect the secure office networks of workspaces in different regions, you must purchase bandwidth plans and specify cross-region connection bandwidths. For more information, see Billing.
Attach a secure office network to a CEN instance
To attach the secure office network corresponding to a workspace to a CEN instance, perform the following steps:
- Log on to the EDS console.
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- On the Secure Office Network page, find the network that you want to attach and click Attach to CEN Instance in the Actions column.
- In the Attach to CEN Instance dialog box, enter a CEN instance ID and click OK.
Detach a secure office network from a CEN instance
If you no longer require network connectivity between the secure office network corresponding to a workspace and the network of other workspaces or data centers, you can detach the secure office network from the CEN instance. Perform the following steps:
- On the Secure Office Network page, find the network that you want to detach and click Detach from CEN Instance in the Actions column.
- In the message that appears, click OK.