Elastic Desktop Service (EDS) provides the convenience account system for simple scenarios in which you do not need to connect to enterprise Active Directory (AD) systems. This topic describes how to create a convenience user.
EDS provides two account systems: convenience accounts and enterprise AD accounts. Convenience accounts are dedicated EDS user accounts and are suitable for scenarios in which you do not need to connect to enterprise AD systems. The information of a convenience user includes the username, email address, and mobile phone number. The first two fields are required. After you create a convenience user, the system sends an email to you for confirmation. A regular user can reset the password by clicking the link in the email.
- Log on to the EDS console.
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Users.
- On the User management page, click Create User.
- In the Create User panel, select one of the following methods to enter user information:
- Manual entry
- Enter the username, email address, and mobile phone number. Then, click Create User.
- Optional:Repeat the previous step to add more users.
- Click Create User.
- Batch entry
- Click the Batch Entry tab.
- Use one of the following methods to prepare a user information file:
Note When you add user information, you must specify usernames and email addresses in the first and second columns. The third column is for mobile phone numbers. This column is optional.
- Click Download, open the downloaded template, enter the user information in the format provided by the template, and then save the file.
- Use an Excel file to add user information and save the file as a CSV file.
- Click Select File. Select the CSV file that contains the user information.
The system automatically imports the information of users in the file. After you upload the CSV file, you can check whether all user information is imported. If the import fails, check whether the user information in the CSV file meets the format requirements.
- Manual entry
- Click Close.
After you create a user, you can view the information about the user on the User management page. The user status is Normal.