Database Backup can access databases of the bastion host structure. Servers where such databases are deployed are in an internal network and cannot be connected to the Internet. The servers must use a bastion host proxy to access the Internet. You must install a database gateway on the bastion host and install a backup gateway on the database server.
|Step 1: Install a database gateway||Install a database gateway on the bastion host.
Database gateway: During backup, it receives the data sent from the database host where the backup gateway is located and forwards the data to Database Backup cloud storage over the Internet. During restoration or database downloading, it receives the data from Database Backup cloud storage and forwards the data to the database host.
|Step 2: Install a backup gateway||Install a backup gateway on the server where the database is deployed. When you install the backup gateway, you must enter the internal IP address of the bastion host in the Database Gateway Address field.
Backup gateway: It is installed on the database host. During backup, it connects and queries the database, sends data to the bastion host where the database gateway is installed, and then forwards data to the outside. During recovery, it obtains data from the outside by using the database gateway (bastion host), and then writes data to the database by using the backup gateway.
Step 1: Install a database gateway
The following example describes how to install a database gateway on a bastion host that runs the Limux operating system. Database Backup supports a variety of installation methods such as command line and GUI. For more information about installation methods, prerequisites and precautions, see Add a backup gateway.
- Log on to the DBS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Backup Gateways and select the required region in the upper-left corner.
Note Select the region closest to where your database is deployed. For example, if your database is deployed in Hangzhou, we recommend that you install a backup gateway in the China (Hangzhou) region.
- Click Install Backup Gateway in the upper-right corner of the page.
- Select Backup Gateway Network Type and copy the command to install the backup gateway. Run the command on the database server.
- Public Network: You can access DBS by using a public IP address.
- ECS Private Network / VPC: You can access DBS by using a dedicated line from Alibaba Cloud.
- On the Linux command line, run the command.
The system downloads and runs the installation package.
- Select an installation language. Enter
1to select English.
1to read the DBS backup gateway agreement.
1to accept the DBS backup gateway agreement.
- Select components to install. By default, the backup gateway (Agent) is installed. Enter
N.The system will install the database gateway.
- Enter the
Yto confirm the installation.
- Confirm the path of the installation.
- Confirm the components to be installed. Enter
1to start the installation.Wait for the installation to complete. The installation takes about 1 minutes.
Step 2: Install a backup gateway
After the backup gateway is installed, backup data is sent to the bastion host where the database gateway is installed, and then forwarded to the outside by the bastion host.