A backup vault is used to store backup data in Hybrid Backup Recovery (HBR). HBR allows you to create a backup vault only if you create a backup plan. You can also select an existing backup vault to store backup data. This topic provides the basic information of backup vaults and describes how to manage a backup vault.
- You can view the type, backup plan quantity, data volume, and status of a backup vault. You can also view the time at which the vault is created.
- On the Storage Vaults page, you can enable cross-region backup and set parameters for a backup vault. You can also specify the expiration time of the backup vault and delete the backup vault.
- You can create tags for backup vaults to simplify the search and management of resources.
Back up files across regions
You can use tags to identify resources. Tags allow enterprises and individuals to categorize their HBR resources and simplify the search and management of resources.
You can create different tags for different backup vaults. For example, if you manage teams or projects, you can create tags based on department or project and use these tags to categorize your instances. For example, you can create a tag named
project:a for a project. This way, you can filter backup vaults based on the tag when you maintain backup vaults.
- Usage notes
- Each tag consists of a key-value pair.
- A tag must be unique.
For example, the
company:atag is added to a backup vault. If you add the
company:btag to the backup vault, the company:a tag is replaced with the
- Tags are not shared across regions. For example, tags that are created in the China (Hangzhou) region are invisible to the China (Shanghai) region.
Item Limit The maximum length of a key 128 characters The maximum length of a value 128 characters The maximum number of custom tags that you can add to a resource 20 The key of a tag
- The key cannot start with
- The key cannot contain
- The key cannot be an empty string.
The value of a tag A tag value cannot contain
- The key cannot start with
- Log on to the HBR console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- In the Tags column next to the name or ID of the backup client, click the icon.
- In the dialog box that appears, click Edit.
- In the Key and Value fields, enter the key-value pair of a tag and click Save.
If you want to create more than one tags, click Add a row to specify the key-value pair of a new tag.
Search for a resource by tag
- You can search for a resource by using a key, as shown in the following example:
- You can search for a resource by using a key-value pair, as shown in the following example:
- You can search for a resource by using multiple key-value pairs, as shown in the following example:
What to do next
|Modify a backup vault||Configure the name and alert policy of a backup vault and specify whether to enable the search feature for the backup vault.|
|Modify the time at which a backup vault expires||Specify the expiration time of a backup vault. You can specify a retention period or permanently retain a backup vault.
Notice If you specify a retention period for a backup vault, the vault is deleted after it expires.
|Delete a backup vault||Delete a backup vault.
Notice After a backup vault is deleted, it cannot be restored. Proceed with caution.