Metabase is an open source business intelligence (BI) tool that allows you to understand and analyze data, or query data to obtain formatted results such as graphical views. This helps you make decisions based on data. Hologres is compatible with PostgreSQL. Hologres allows you to connect to Metabase for data analytics. This topic describes how to connect Metabase to Hologres. After Metabase is connected to Hologres, you can analyze data in Hologres in a visualized manner.
- Install Metabase.Install Metabase. For more information, see Metabase Documentation.
- Connect to Hologres.
- Log on to Metabase. In the upper-right corner of the top navigation bar, click the icon and select Admin from the shortcut menu.
- On the Metabase Admin page, click Database in the top navigation bar. On the Database tab, click Add database in the upper-right corner and create a connection to Hologres.
- After you select the type of a database to be connected and set relevant parameters,
click Save. The following table describes the parameters.
Parameter Description Database type The type of the database to be connected. Select PostgreSQL from the drop-down list. Host The public endpoint of the Hologres instance. You can view the public endpoint of the Hologres instance on the Configurations tab of the instance details page in the Hologres console. Port The port number of the Hologres instance. You can view the port number of the Hologres instance on the Configurations tab of the instance details page in the Hologres console. Database name The name of the Hologres database to be connected to. Database username The AccessKey ID of your Alibaba Cloud account. For more information about how to obtain the AccessKey pair, see Create an Alibaba Cloud account. Database password The AccessKey secret of your Alibaba Cloud account. For more information about how to obtain the AccessKey pair, see Create an Alibaba Cloud account. Other parameters For more information about other parameters, see Metabase Documentation.
- Analyze data.After settings are complete, you can connect Metabase to Hologres for data analytics. For more information about the operations of data analytics, see Metabase Documentation.