After deletion protection is enabled for a scaling group, the scaling group cannot be deleted by using the Auto Scaling console or by calling API operations. This topic describes how to set the deletion protection status for a scaling group.
- Log on to the Auto Scaling console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Scaling Groups.
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- Find the scaling group and choose > Set Deletion Protection in the Actions column.
- In the dialog box that appears, set the deletion protection status for the scaling
- To enable deletion protection, turn on Deletion Protection.
- To disable deletion protection, turn off Deletion Protection.
- Click OK.