Enterprise Distributed Application Service (EDAS) supports exception analysis in Professional Edition and Platinum Edition, but not in Standard Edition.
Go to the feature page
- Log on to the EDAS console.
- Go to the Application Overview page by using one of the following methods:
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose Container Service Kubernetes Clusters or Serverless Kubernetes Clusters page, click a cluster ID. In the Applications section of the Cluster Details page, click the name of the application that you want to manage. or . In the top navigation bar, select a region. In the upper part of the page, select a microservice namespace. On the
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Applications. In the top navigation bar, select a region. In the upper part of the page, select a microservice namespace. Select Container Service or Serverless Kubernetes Cluster from the Cluster Type drop-down list and click the name of the application that you want to manage.
- In the left-side navigation pane of the application details page, choose .
- In the left-side pane of the Instance Details page, select the instance that you want to view and click the Exception Analysis tab on the right side of the page.
In the Exceptions section, a stacked column chart shows the exception statistics of the application in the specified time period. The section also displays an exception list.
- Move the cursor over the statistics chart to view the statistics.
- Click Icon to view the statistics of the metric in a certain time period or compare the statistics of the same time period on different dates.
The exception list displays all exceptions of the application in the specified time period.
- To view the stacked column chart of an exception, find the exception and click Invocation Statistics in the Actions column.
- To view the snapshots of the API operations that are called when an exception occurs,
find the exception and click Interface Snapshot in the Actions column.
For more information, see Trace query.
- To view the details of an exception, find the exception and click Details in the Actions column.