When you submit a certificate application, you must provide contact information so that the CA staff can contact you to validate and approve your certificate application. After you create a contact, SSL Certificates Service automatically saves the contact information for later use. This topic describes how to create, edit, and delete a contact.
Create a contact
- Log on to the SSL Certificates Service console and open the Information Management page. Then, click Create Contact on the Contact tab. The following procedure is based on this method.
- When you submit a certificate application, select Create Contact from the Contact drop-down list. If you use this method, the system automatically saves the contact information that you enter to the Contact tab of the Information Management page. You do not need to enter the information again the next time you submit a certificate application.
- Log on to the SSL Certificates Service console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Information Management.
- On the Contact tab, click Create Contact.
- In the Create Contact dialog box, specify Contact Name, Email Address, Mobile Number, and ID Card Number.Notice Make sure that the contact information you enter is true and valid. This way, the CA staff can contact you to confirm the validation and approval of your certificate application or discuss any technical issues.
- Click OK.After you create a contact, you can view it on the Contact tab in the contact list and click Edit or Delete to manage the contact based on your business requirements.
What to do next
When you submit a certificate application, you can select an existing contact from the Contact drop-down list. For more information, see Step 1: Fill in certificate application information. CA staff contact you to validate and approve your certificate application. For example, the CA staff can send a domain verification email to the email address specified in the contact that you select or call the specified mobile number to confirm validation.