This topic describes how to use time-specific elastic plans of AnalyticDB MySQL elastic clusters.
AnalyticDB for MySQL elastic clusters provide time-specific scaling of computing resources. You can specify an elastic plan. Then, elastic clusters can automatically scale out resources at a specific period of time and release these resources based on the restoration time specified in the plan. This can meet the regular requirements for resources during peak and off-peak hours to make full use of resources.
Create an elastic plan
- Log on to the AnalyticDB for MySQL console by your Alibaba Cloud account.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, select the region where clusters reside.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Clusters.
- On the V3.0 Clusters tab, click the target Cluster ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Resource Elastic Plans.Note AnalyticDB for MySQL elastic cluster (new version) with 32 cores and higher supports the feature of elastic scale-out of resources.
- On the Resource Elastic Plans tab of the Resource Elastic Plans page, click Create Plan in the upper-right corner.
- In the Create Resource Elastic Plan panel, configure the parameters.
Parameter Description Plan Name The name of the elastic plan. The plan name must be 2 to 30 characters in length and can contain only letters, digits, and underscores (_). Resource Pool The resource pool bound to the elastic plan. Each elastic plan is bound to a resource pool. If the resource pool is released, the elastic plan is bound to the default resource pool. For more information about resource pool management, see Manage resource pools. Start Date The start date of the elastic plan execution. End Date The end date of the elastic plan execution. Scale-out Time The start time of the scale-out. Resources are scaled out at this time. Select the time on the hour.Note The interval between rules executed on the same day must be at least one hour. Restoration Time The end time of the scale-out. Resources begin to be released at this time. Select the time on the hour. Scale-out Resource The specifications of resources to be scaled out. The specifications of resources to be scaled out can be up to eight times as high as the basic cluster specifications. Period Settings The days of the week when you want to execute the elastic plan. You can select one or more days. Enabled Specifies whether to enable the elastic plan.
- Click OK to create the elastic plan.
- Click the Elastic Plans of Current Day tab to view elastic plans of the current day.Note
- The system generates elastic execution plans for each day at 00:00:00 based on existing elastic plan rules.
- When you enable a new or a modified rule, the rule takes effect at 00:00:00 the next day.
Modify an elastic plan
After you create an elastic plan, you can modify its parameters such as the execution date and the scale-out time. You can also specify whether to enable or disable the elastic plan.
- On the Resource Elastic Plans tab, click Modify in the Actions column corresponding to an elastic plan.
- Modify the Start Date, End Date, Scale-out Time, Restoration Time, Scale-out Resource, and Period Settings parameters of the elastic plan.
- Click Start or Pause in the Actions column corresponding to the elastic plan to change its status.
View execution logs of an elastic plan
- On the Execution Logs tab of the Resource Elastic Plans page, view execution logs of an elastic plan. By default, the execution logs of the current day are displayed.
- Set Plan Name, Execution Date, and Resource Pool to filter the query results. By default, AnalyticDB for MySQL retains the execution
logs of the last 30 days.