Log Service allows you to transfer data across regions by using the data transformation feature. This topic describes the scenarios, procedure, and billing of data transmission across regions.
- Enter a transformation rule on the data transformation page and click Preview Data to view the result. For more information, see Create a data transformation rule.
Note You do not need to enter any transformation rule if you want to transfer raw logs.
- Click Save as Transformation Rule if no error occurs.
- In the Create Data Transformation Rule dialog box, set the Target Region parameter.
For information about other parameters, see Create a data transformation rule.
- How am I charged for data transmission across regions?
You are charged based on the size of compressed data during data transmission. For example, assume that the compression ratio is 10:1 and you need to transfer 10 MB of raw data. The size of the data after compression is 1 MB. This way, only 1 MB of data incurs fees. For more information about the billing methods, see Billing items and methods.
- How do I increase the data compression ratio?
For example, to increase the data compression ratio in the web tracking scenario, you can set fixed values for the __topic__, __tag__, and __source__ fields in different log entries to transfer them as a log group. This is because log data is compressed by log group. If you do not set fixed values for the __source__, __topic__, and __tag__fields, multiple log groups may be generated and the data compression ratio will be reduced.
- What can I do if the network is unstable?
- If the network is unstable when you transfer data across borders, you do not need to perform operations. The data transmission task automatically retries if the network is unstable.
- You can activate Dynamic Route for CDN (DCDN) to improve network stability.
- For more information about how to activate DCDN, see Enable the global acceleration feature.
- On the Create Data Transformation Rule page, select DCDN Acceleration and click DCDN Acceleration Connectivity Test.