Before you use EventBridge, you must activate EventBridge on its product page. This topic describes how to activate EventBridge. If your account is a RAM user, you must use the Alibaba Cloud account to grant permissions to the RAM user before you can use the EventBridge console or API to access the corresponding EventBridge resources and use the resources to route events by using SDKs.
Step 1: Activate EventBridge
- Log on to the Alibaba Cloud official site. Choose .
- On the EventBridge product page, click Activate Now.
- Read and accept the EventBridge (Pay-as-you-go) Service Agreement. Then, click Activate Now.After EventBridge is activated, you can log on to the EventBridge console.
Step 2: Grant permissions to a RAM user (Required for RAM users)
- Log on to the RAM console by using an Alibaba Cloud account.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Users under Identities.
- In the User Logon Name/Display Name column, find the RAM user.
- Click Add Permissions. On the page that appears, the Principal field is automatically filled in.
- In the Policy Name column, select the policies that you want to attach to the RAM user.
Note You can click the cross sign (×) next to a policy in the Selected section to delete the policy.
- Click OK.
- Click Finished.
EventBridge provides the following system policies. You can grant corresponding permissions to the RAM user based on the permission scope.
|AliyunEventBridgeFullAccess||The permissions to manage EventBridge, which are equivalent to the permissions that the Alibaba Cloud account has. A RAM user to which this policy is attached can send and subscribe to all messages and use all the features of the console.|
|AliyunEventBridgeReadOnlyAccess||The read-only permissions on EventBridge. A RAM user to which this policy is attached can only read resource information in the console or by calling API operations.|
|EventBridgeResourceCreatePolicy||The permissions to create resources in EventBridge. A RAM user to which this policy is attached can create resources by using all the resources of the Alibaba Cloud account in the console or by calling API operations.|
|EventBridgeResourceUpdatePolicy||The permissions to edit resources in EventBridge. A RAM user to which this policy is attached can edit resources only in the console or by calling API operations.|
|EventBridgeResourceDeletePolicy||The permissions to delete resources from EventBridge. A RAM user to which this policy is attached can delete resources only in the console or by calling API operations.|
|EventBridgePutEventsPolicy||The permissions to publish events in EventBridge. A RAM user to which this policy is attached can publish events only in the console or by calling API operations.|