This topic describes the limits of Image Search.
Maximum image capacity of each instance
When you purchase an Image Search instance, you must specify the maximum image capacity for the instance. Image Search supports the following image capacity specifications: 0.1 million images, 2.5 million images, 5 million images, 10 million images, 20 million images, 30 million images, 40 million images, and 50 million images.
- On the buy page of Image Search, you can view the maximum queries per second (QPS) and you can use the Queries/sec parameter to specify the QPS. The valid values of this parameter include 5 Queries/sec and 10 Queries/sec.
- By default, the concurrency limit for deleting images is 20. This means that the system can process up to 20 requests of deleting images every second.
- By default, the concurrency limit for adding images is 5. This means that the system can process up to 5 requests of adding images every second.
- For product, and generic image searches, the length and the width of each image must range from 100 pixels to 4,096 pixels.
- Image Search supports the following image formats: PNG, JPG, JPEG, BMP, GIF, WEBP, TIFF, and PPM.
- The file size of each image cannot exceed 4 MB.
Maximum length of each API request body
If you send an HTTP POST request, the length of the API request body cannot exceed 8 MB.
Maximum returned results of each request
Image Search can return a maximum of 100 results for each request. If you implement pagination, you can send multiple requests to view a maximum of the top 500 matched results.