You can use SQL-like queries to filter the source table and replicate only records that match certain conditions. For example, you can use this feature to stream a table into several smaller tables.
A data synchronization task is configured. The current step is Select Objects to Synchronize. For more information about how to create and configure a data synchronization task, see Create a data synchronization task.
You can only perform filtering based on fields in the current table. You can not filter data by using fields in other tables.
- In the Select Objects to Synchronize step, move the required objects to the Selected list, move the pointer over a table, and then click Edit next to the object.
- In the Edit Table dialog box, enter a filter expression in the Filter text area. Note
- The filter expression follows the syntax of the WHERE clause of most SQL languages.
Do not include
WHEREin the filter expression. The following operators are supported:
>. For example,
- You can use apostrophes (') around object names for clearer delimitation. For example,
- The filter expression follows the syntax of the WHERE clause of most SQL languages. Do not include
- Click Verify to verify that the specified expression is valid.
- If the expression is valid, you receive an Information message that indicates the expression passed validation.
- If the expression is invalid, you receive an Error message that indicates there is an error in your expression. In this case, correct the expression and try the verification again.
- Click OK.
- Complete other configurations and continue to create a task.