The Migration Assistant service of DataWorks allows you to migrate data objects across different DataWorks versions, Alibaba Cloud accounts, regions, or workspaces.
Migration Assistant allows you to export data objects in your workspace, including auto triggered nodes, manually triggered nodes, resources, functions, data sources, table metadata, ad hoc queries, and script templates. You can create full export tasks, incremental export tasks, or custom export tasks to export your data objects in DataWorks based on your business requirements.
- DataWorks of all editions allows you to migrate the tasks of open source scheduling engines such as Oozie, Azkaban, and Airflow to the cloud. The Migration Assistant service of DataWorks in different editions provides different migration policies, as described in the following table.
- To create export or import tasks, you must use an Alibaba Cloud account or be the workspace administrator. If you use a RAM user that is not assigned the administrator role, you can only view export and import tasks.
- Back up node code
You can use Migration Assistant to periodically back up your node code to prevent data from being deleted by mistake. In this case, we recommend that you create a full export task.
- Export a common workflow for replication
You can use Migration Assistant to export a common workflow that can be replicated in other workspaces. In this case, we recommend that you create a custom export task.
- Build a test environment
You can use Migration Assistant to copy all node code and replace production data with test data to build a test environment. In this case, we recommend that you create a full or custom export task.
- Develop data in a hybrid cloud environment
You can use Migration Assistant to migrate node code from Alibaba Cloud public cloud to Alibaba Cloud Apsara Stack to develop data in a hybrid cloud environment. In this case, we recommend that you create a custom export task.
- Migrate data objects between the development and production environments
If the production environment of your workspace is completely isolated from the development environment of the workspace, you can use Migration Assistant to export nodes from the development environment and import them to the production environment for deployment.