The Migration Assistant service of DataWorks allows you to migrate data objects across different DataWorks versions, Alibaba Cloud accounts, regions, and workspaces.
- The Migration Assistant feature is in public preview. This feature is supported in the following regions: China (Hangzhou), China (Shanghai), China (Beijing), China (Zhangjiakou), China (Shenzhen), China (Chengdu), and Singapore (Singapore).
- To create an export or import task, you must use an Alibaba Cloud account or be the workspace administrator. If you use a workspace as a Resource Access Management (RAM) user who is not assigned the administrator role, you can only view export and import tasks.
- Back up node code
You can use Migration Assistant to periodically back up your node code to prevent data from being lost due to misoperations. In this case, we recommend that you create a full export task.
- Export a common workflow for replication
You can use Migration Assistant to export a common workflow that can be replicated in other workspaces. In this case, we recommend that you create a custom export task.
- Build a test environment
You can use Migration Assistant to replicate all node code and replace production data with test data to build a test environment. In this case, we recommend that you create a full export task or custom export task.
- Develop data in a hybrid cloud environment
You can use Migration Assistant to migrate node code from Alibaba Cloud public cloud to Alibaba Cloud Apsara Stack to analyze data in a hybrid cloud environment. In this case, we recommend that you create a custom export task.
- Migrate data objects between the development environment and production environment
If a workspace runs in a production environment and a development environment that are completely isolated from each other, you can use Migration Assistant to export data objects from the development environment and import them to the production environment for deployment.