A consumer tag is an identifier of a consumer client. Message Queue for RabbitMQ allows you to view consumer tags of online consumer clients. You can view the consumer tags of a queue to learn the online consumer clients that have subscribed to the queue.
- A consumer tag must be unique. This means that a consumer tag used by a consumer client cannot be used by another consumer client at the same time.
- A consumer tag is valid in only one channel. This means that the consumer tag created in a channel cannot be used in another channel.
- Log on to the Message Queue for RabbitMQ console.
- In the Resource Distribution section of the Overview page, select the region where your instance is located.
- On the Instances page, click the name of your instance.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Queues.
- On the Queues page, click the drop-down arrow next to vhost. From the Change drop-down list, select the vhost of the queue whose consumer tags you want to view. Find the queue, click More in the Actions column, and then select consumerTags.
- On the consumerTags tab of the Queue Details page, view the consumer tags of the queue.