This topic describes how to create a subscription instance in scenarios that require only one or two instances without complex network configurations.
Purchase an instance
- Go to the Custom Launch tab.
- Configure parameters in the Basic Configurations step and click Next: Networking.
The following table describes some parameters to which you must pay attention. For the other parameters, you can keep the default values.
Parameter Description Region Select a region that is close to the region of your customer. This way, you can provide your customer with a higher access speed and lower latency.
In this example, the China (Hangzhou) region is used.
Instance Type Select an appropriate instance type.
- For individual applications, we recommend that you select the ecs.t6-c2m1.large instance type that has 2 vCPUs and 1 GiB memory.
- For applications of small and medium-sized enterprises, we recommend that you select the ecs.c5.large instance type that has 2 vCPUs and 4 GiB memory.
Quantity Default value: 1. Image Specify an image for the instance.
- Public Image: Select a pure operating system such as Linux or Windows.
- Custom Image: Select an operating system deployed with an application environment.
In this example, the Alibaba Cloud Linux 2.1903 64-bit (Quick Start) public image is used.
Storage Select an ultra disk as the system disk, which is 40 GiB in size by default. Duration Default value: 1 Month.
- In the Networking step, configure the network type, public bandwidth settings, and security group as
shown in the following figure. Then, click Next: System Configurations.
Set the Bandwidth parameter, and use the default settings of the Network Type and Security Group parameters.
Parameter Description Network Type A VPC is created by default. Public IP Address Set the public bandwidth. The default value is 1 Mbit/s. Security Group A security group is created by default.
- In the System Configurations (Optional) step, set the logon password of the instance and click Preview.
- Read and select the ECS terms of service and click Create Order.
- Confirm and pay for the order.
Connect to an ECS instance
- Go to the Instances page.
- In the Actions column corresponding to the created instance, click Connect.
- In the Enter VNC password dialog box that appears, click Modify VNC password.
- Change the password as prompted. In the Enter VNC password dialog box that appears, enter your new password. Click OK.
- On the instance logon page, enter the username and password of the instance.
Manage an ECS instance
For more information about how to manage ECS instances, see Quick reference.
- Build an LAMP environment that consists of Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP. For more information, see Build a LAMP environment.
- Build an LNMP environment that consists of Linux, NGINX, MySQL, and PHP. For more information, see Manually build an LNMP environment on a CentOS 7 instance.
For more information about tutorials for building websites, see Summary of website building methods.
Release an ECS instance
You can manually release a subscription instance after it expires. If you do not renew the instance after it expires, the instance is automatically released.